Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: Q&A Thread  (Read 6957 times)

Offline Kingsperson

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Q&A Thread
« on: December 04, 2020, 02:43:14 AM »
Any questions ask here and the staff team will try their best to reply.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answer:

Q: When do you expect the server to release?
There has been no set release date as of yet, progress is being made and we will keep you updated as time goes on.

Q: What are warrior applications?
Each faction will have a limited amount of "warrior sets", sets of high tier gear, to give out at the beginning of the server. in order to be a recipient of such you will need both your faction leader and the staff teams approval. Those who have these sets are expecting to be role models for the community to look at as examples of appropriate standards of roleplay on the server.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 05:20:27 AM by jokah »

Offline Kingsperson

• View Profile
Re: Q&A Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 03:04:42 AM »
Question one: Why couldn't I reply?

I fucked up the forums settings should be okay now.

Offline Seán

• Nothing that’s worthwhile is ever easy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 03:12:54 AM »
What kind of timeframe are we looking at here?

Offline Kingsperson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 03:15:23 AM »
What kind of timeframe are we looking at here?

It's honestly impossible to say so I won't as anything can happen but progress so far has been very fast in terms of mapping and development so we have high hopes.

Sage honestly one of the best mappers I've ever seen the map looks AMAZING and he does it so fast it takes me like 3 hours to do a single room.

Offline Jack32

• I move.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 04:34:54 AM »
Not really a question but more of a statement, I think Noble apps should be privated.
We move.

Offline Jokah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 04:36:40 AM »
Not really a question but more of a statement, I think Noble apps should be privated.

Kingsman's gone zz's, should be fixed in the morning.

Offline Matoflen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 04:43:49 AM »
Why am I a moderator hello

Offline Jokah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 04:44:22 AM »
Why am I a moderator hello

You deserve it. Read above.

Offline Sir Kydric

• Better Men Gang
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 05:05:05 AM »
Warrior Class applications, can you elaborate?

2nd not a question, release prior holidays...please?

Offline Jokah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 05:19:24 AM »
Warrior Class applications, can you elaborate?

2nd not a question, release prior holidays...please?

Each faction will have a limited amount of "warrior sets", sets of high tier gear, to give out at the beginning of the server. in order to be a recipient of such you will need both your faction leader and the staff teams approval. Those who have these sets are expecting to be role models for the community to look at as examples of appropriate standards of roleplay on the server.

As for second question, please see Frequently Asked Questions & Answer.

Offline Jack32

• I move.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 06:05:49 AM »

As for second question, please see Frequently Asked Questions & Answer.

Thats actually a great idea, It balances the scenario and gives a fun experience. I have some crazy and fun ideas now. I do believe though most people should be given a chance to play some of these characters. Im not entirely sure what you mean by roleplay model but I think anyone thats been here for a long time (1.5 year+)  and has experience in roleplaying can be considered that.

However if every faction is getting these limited amount of sets they need to be all around the same armour stat wise/ weapon damage.

For example if Nords get 70 = Huscarl’s Helmet (nordic_huscarl_helmet) Vaegirs should get ID: rus_helm (99) and Swadians ID: barbuta1 (98) Same for body armours, It should have same stats or -1 + 1 or + 2 depending on looks.

This seems similar to what Darkmyre had, is this the same or is it different? And will all factions be equally strong? Sorry if I have too many questions I just want to know exactly how this works before I work out a character.

If the staff team and the nobles+ important people are active enough I think this might just be one of the best scenario idea's ive seen. And I am really looking forward to play again for the first time in months.
We move.

Offline Jokah

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2020, 07:11:51 AM »
Thats actually a great idea, It balances the scenario and gives a fun experience. I have some crazy and fun ideas now. I do believe though most people should be given a chance to play some of these characters. Im not entirely sure what you mean by roleplay model but I think anyone thats been here for a long time (1.5 year+)  and has experience in roleplaying can be considered that.

However if every faction is getting these limited amount of sets they need to be all around the same armour stat wise/ weapon damage.

For example if Nords get 70 = Huscarl’s Helmet (nordic_huscarl_helmet) Vaegirs should get ID: rus_helm (99) and Swadians ID: barbuta1 (98) Same for body armours, It should have same stats or -1 + 1 or + 2 depending on looks.

This seems similar to what Darkmyre had, is this the same or is it different? And will all factions be equally strong? Sorry if I have too many questions I just want to know exactly how this works before I work out a character.

If the staff team and the nobles+ important people are active enough I think this might just be one of the best scenario idea's ive seen. And I am really looking forward to play again for the first time in months.

All the faction leaders and the staff team are having discussions on what these sets will contain, we have set baseline equipment for each set and made all the faction leaders aware of them, and they are making changes, buffing or nerfing them, in specific areas to their liking so that all faction leaders find their own sets and the other faction sets acceptable and balanced. Obviously finding perfect balance nigh impossible but as long as each of the faction leaders is happy with that the other faction leaders have, that's what we find works best. (Ask two siblings to break a chocolate bar, you're damn right it's going to be even..)

Each faction will have their own strengths and weaknesses, we are expecting the faction based in Telrog castle to be the biggest fish from the get-go of the scenario, mainly based on it's central location. But who knows what will happen..

As for things being similar to what Darkmyre had, I can't really comment on that as I never really played it, if you could be more specific I'd be happy to awnser.

Offline Jack32

• I move.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2020, 05:51:23 PM »
All the faction leaders and the staff team are having discussions on what these sets will contain, we have set baseline equipment for each set and made all the faction leaders aware of them, and they are making changes, buffing or nerfing them, in specific areas to their liking so that all faction leaders find their own sets and the other faction sets acceptable and balanced. Obviously finding perfect balance nigh impossible but as long as each of the faction leaders is happy with that the other faction leaders have, that's what we find works best. (Ask two siblings to break a chocolate bar, you're damn right it's going to be even..)

Each faction will have their own strengths and weaknesses, we are expecting the faction based in Telrog castle to be the biggest fish from the get-go of the scenario, mainly based on it's central location. But who knows what will happen..

As for things being similar to what Darkmyre had, I can't really comment on that as I never really played it, if you could be more specific I'd be happy to awnser.

Darkmyre from what I know also had like 4-5 sets of good gear for certain characters, The Nords had 5 huskarls which 4 of them died 1.5 week in the scenario and those sets were lost for good, So if a player with these sets die do the sets go too?
We move.

Offline Kume

• View Profile
  • Faction: Manhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2020, 06:50:47 PM »
The Nords had 5 huskarls which 4 of them died 1.5 week in the scenario and those sets were lost for good, So if a player with these sets die do the sets go too?
I never died i got banned for playing ruler rp :*

Offline Jokah

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2020, 09:38:19 PM »
Darkmyre from what I know also had like 4-5 sets of good gear for certain characters, The Nords had 5 huskarls which 4 of them died 1.5 week in the scenario and those sets were lost for good, So if a player with these sets die do the sets go too?

As things are, gear will be transferred back to the factions if a character that is wearing faction gear is CKed, this includes all warrior sets, guardsman sets and recruit sets. Things may change and you'll be informed accordingly. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal