Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: Q&A Thread  (Read 6955 times)

Offline Gazz

• View Profile
Re: Q&A Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2020, 09:08:16 PM »
It says in the character apps that you need to make a special app to be a Nord I'm wondering if this hasn't been changed yet or was an oversight cause there is 2 Nord factions or if its meant to be like that.

Not been updated as far as I know.

Offline minghie

• View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2020, 01:38:52 AM »
Are nametags gonna be on or off?

Offline Kingsperson

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2020, 02:39:41 AM »
Are nametags gonna be on or off?

Likely off

Offline 0leg

• View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2020, 07:36:53 AM »
Likely off
I'm not the oldest and most experienced player but seeing other characters' names above them seems to be helping against the confusion in crowded situations, or when you have to listen to stuff happening a distance away from you.

Offline WinstonMehrzad

• View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2020, 08:55:38 AM »
I'm not the oldest and most experienced player but seeing other characters' names above them seems to be helping against the confusion in crowded situations, or when you have to listen to stuff happening a distance away from you.

Actualy If you want to do a real RP, nametags must not be shown, so a real fight will happen in your mind between choosing who's friendly and vice versa.

Offline Jack32

• I move.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2020, 09:46:42 AM »
I think not showing nametags is a good idea, less clutter on the screen, though it may confuse people during rp scenes or battle. But avoiding metagame should be the 1# priorty.
We move.

Offline Kingsperson

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2020, 02:25:07 PM »

Generally you can tell who is on your side from the armour they wear and how they act as most fights have alot of build up, I have never used nametags but it never confused me.

Offline 0leg

• View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2020, 04:34:47 PM »
Actualy If you want to do a real RP, nametags must not be shown, so a real fight will happen in your mind between choosing who's friendly and vice versa.
it's not really about who's on who's side I am not talking about fighting, rather I'm talking about normal roleplaying but whatever it's ok

about @Cjack 's comment, you can always turn it off, at least to my knowledge

Offline bandit

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2020, 05:31:51 PM »
Like Oleg said, it is generally confusing. They turned off nametags of Krenn 4 as an experiment, and no one could figure out who was talking to who. They were turned back within the day. I would definitely recommend keeping them on.
Valentin Sinclair (L-OOC): Do you even know where I am from?
Patrick Arynn (L-OOC): England
Valentin Sinclair (L-OOC): hah
Valentin Sinclair (L-OOC): India
Patrick Arynn (L-OOC): So basically England
Valentin Sinclair (L-OOC): combat warning

Offline minghie

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2020, 05:37:46 PM »
Like Oleg said, it is generally confusing. They turned off nametags of Krenn 4 as an experiment, and no one could figure out who was talking to who. They were turned back within the day. I would definitely recommend keeping them on.

DN had no gametags an no1 had problems shooting or fighting the right people, use heraldic more often or some set of uniforms (Which FLs will have, sets of gear.)

Offline ApplePie

• Bannerlord Isn't Charming.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2020, 05:59:03 PM »
DN had no gametags an no1 had problems shooting or fighting the right people, use heraldic more often or some set of uniforms (Which FLs will have, sets of gear.)

That plus, people during the roleplay should be wearing clothes that fit in with that factions common clothing. Not everyone is going to be wearing heraldic gear, and the most likely factions to be at war with eachother are ones with different languages (Nord/Vaegir).

Offline bandit

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2020, 06:10:27 PM »

Actually, I may be making an utter fool of myself. When we are referring to "nametags" are we talking about the tags that are always above a players head, or the tags when that appear when you are looking right at someone at close range?

Offline ApplePie

• Bannerlord Isn't Charming.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2020, 06:14:36 PM »
Actually, I may be making an utter fool of myself. When we are referring to "nametags" are we talking about the tags that are always above a players head, or the tags when that appear when you are looking right at someone at close range?

I'm assuming both, I also hope for both.

Offline minghie

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2020, 06:16:35 PM »

I was talking about those above the head but still able to see the tags when you look at people.

Offline bandit

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2020, 06:17:26 PM »
Well, then I would like to say that I only care about the tags that show up when you look at someone at close range. I think these are necessary when RP'ing in a communal hub with lots of other RP going on nearby. Without them, it is very difficult to figure who is talking to who. The long range, permanent tags I would prefer not to have, as they clutter the screen.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal