Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: C_ Chars Aging  (Read 485 times)

Offline Bartolomeo

• Fuckin' Jeggers
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
C_ Chars Aging
« on: February 01, 2021, 07:15:54 PM »
I'd like to preface this with a statement: I normally absolutely hate C_ chars, but this scenario has gone some way to changing my mind. There are a solid 3-6 child characters that have done a good job portraying children, and have done it mostly tastefully. I do, however, have a small complaint...

Why the fuck are you motherfuckers aging up 6 years in the space of 3 weeks? Every single one of you have gone from twelvie moron to full-grown jailbait in the space of anywhere between 2 to 4 weeks. Would it kill you to slow down and standardize? It's rushed, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that having a kid shoot up a whole 4 years in the space of a few weeks feels like an imposition; am I now supposed to roleplay being old as fuck because you couldn't be arsed to be a kid anymore? Or should the IC alternative be that child characters naturally warp space-time until they hit the magic number of 16? If you're going to roleplay a child character, actually roleplay a child character. If you wanted to be an adult why did you make a child char app?

Rant over. TL;DR: why the fuck are you aging 2-6 years in the space of 2-4 irl weeks?

Solutions: First, implement a standard time variation for the entire server. Second, reintroduce T_ characters. The fact I cannot immediately tell the difference between a 10yo and a 15yo is pretty retardo. The fact a 15yo can't swing a sword around by a 16yo can wear gigatin is also retardo.

C_ = 8 - 12 (anything lower than 8 is a non-character and is mentally disabled to RP)
T_ = 13 - 18 (sorry buddy but you're still a child char in my book until you hit 18)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 07:18:07 PM by Bartolomeo »
---[[DOWNLOADING GITHUB]]---

Offline Bacteria

• *stabs u* epic swag
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
Re: C_ Chars Aging
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 07:23:53 PM »
I do kind of agree, I've chosen to age my character one year per week from the age of twelve. This means I've hit adult age in four weeks of playing.

This isn't long! At first I wasn't sure I'd ever age my character, but I changed my mind ultimately after about two weeks of playing.

It absolutely could be slower. I like having had control over my age, but you could absolutely argue that I should have just made an adult character if I wanted to play a child. I had fun though! 

My input to this thread is this: T could be re-introduced. Character aging has been made quite a prominent thing as there have been a high amount of children. I do like having had control over it, however!

that is all no more proper typing aaaa how exhausting

Offline pog frog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 08:03:19 PM »
Hey. It's me. John Roleplay here.

I'd have to agree with what Bart said. To the child characters I've interacted with, the roleplay has been pretty good. I've appreciated how a few child characters have also been utilizing the whole 'aging up' system to form their characters personality. However it's a bit of "oh yeah it's my little sisters birthday again woohoo...?" every sunday.

In my opinion, if I'm playing a child character, I'm trying to play a younger character. So I wouldn't really want to age. I think making the 'year' being 2-4weeks would be better, simply put. If you want to be a child character that sees it to adulthood, you should play a character that is close to adulthood. But if you want to play a younger character, you should simply be a younger character that'll probably NOT see adulthood unless the scenario lasts that long.

That's John Roleplay's hot take.

Offline Jokah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 08:33:44 PM »
Originally it was intended that if you made a child character you were expected to play that character as a child for the entirity of the server's uptime, unless it lasted longer than a year, ofcourse. We'll make a ruling in the future when the staff team has discussed children aging, as there's no real ruling on it at the moment I guess the child characters can age at their own
discretion.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal