Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: Regarding Craftsmen  (Read 2708 times)

Offline habitual roleplayer

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Regarding Craftsmen
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2021, 05:11:42 AM »
i would also like to add that i noticed in the new 'crafters on map' thread, there is a listed cap of 5 craftsmen per profession

http://calradia.role-play.community/index.php/topic,1236.0.html

however there are only 2 workshops on map per profession, with only 2 chests in each

having two craftsmen per workshop, each with a chest to themselves, is fine by me (albeit somewhat constrictive). but i have no intentions on sharing a chest with another craftsman

so either the workshops should have another chest added to them, or the cap should be reduced to 4 craftsmen per profession. the third option is having more workshops built around the map to accommodate the extra craftsmen

Offline Stoniestpepper

• View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2021, 05:22:02 AM »
I might not be a craft's men on the map but I would like to throw my two cents into the discussion.

Admin merchants have always harmed Roleplay and in general the craftsmen of the server, if you can get armour from an admin merchant without RP or the need to wait for anything, why bother with Craftsmen? They are extremely limited in their ability to craft due to the Tier system and their time requirement.

Personally the Tiers should have reduced crafting time between tiers and their cost should be reduced. ICly paying for a local armour/sword smith should be cheaper instead of a trader from another land who has had to deal with taxes from Lords and Knights coming to Tehlrog.

Admin Merchant should be extremely rare, only appearing once a month.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Stoniestpepper/

Anything you are wanting to discuss with me that I have posted, I am free for a conversation.

Offline Sage McQuincy

• View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2021, 08:47:12 AM »
having two craftsmen per workshop, each with a chest to themselves, is fine by me (albeit somewhat constrictive). but i have no intentions on sharing a chest with another craftsman

so either the workshops should have another chest added to them, or the cap should be reduced to 4 craftsmen per profession. the third option is having more workshops built around the map to accommodate the extra craftsmen

There is a hard limit on how many savable chests can be put on the map. We're very close to that limit. Adding 3 chests to each workshop is impossible. More crafting stations too because of the same reason.

Offline Tyrion

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2021, 11:27:52 AM »
Later today i'll be removing professions from anyone who doesn't post here, as well as inactive craftsmen. Then going through applicants.

Edit: Please bump your applications or I will think you've lost interest if you are an applicant!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 11:32:26 AM by Tyrion »

Offline Hakkir_Ragnarsson

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2021, 06:16:09 PM »
I would disagree. T3 is insanely good items compared to all the other weapons/gear on the server. 700 crafting hours is just under 30 days of in game crafting. Which to me is extremely fair due to the fact that if you got T3 within mere days, then what's the point in crafting all together?

Yet Admins spawn in gear for certain professions when it should be fed of the professions who are to make these, making it harder for us to progress in our professions due to this.

The work is just not there.

Offline Hakkir_Ragnarsson

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2021, 06:19:35 PM »
Tor Ragnarsson T2 Weaponsmith is still here and working.

Kinda hate how you allow so many of each profession. for example weaponsmiths  yet there is no space to put them.

I work with Bjorn and share the same smith, there is no space for a 3rd person for example..

Also yes, a bit annoyed at the admin merchant and admin spawning stuff for certain classes as we really do not get the business we should on the server.

Maybe this should be talked over in a meeting because its really not fair at all to even set the T3 craft time from 500 to 700 hours.. We will never get the work to be able to get there at the rate you have things structured.

Would be cool to allow the server to work under a all work together motive without Staff support.

Bump

Offline WinstonMehrzad

• View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2021, 07:04:04 AM »
I guess he forgot to reply in here but Nadia-Al_Mansoor is a leather tanner and he's working in our village, Valantford.

Offline nupori

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2021, 12:42:54 PM »
@Tyrion I've already sent my reply but I've been added to the sheet as TAILOR instead of a TANNER maybe you've confused Nadia with Nazan

Offline Tyrion

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2021, 01:56:53 PM »
Apologies, i'll change it.

Offline ProfGandalf

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2021, 05:45:31 PM »
Gudfrig - Armorsmith T2

Offline Uyryzmag

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2021, 12:54:51 PM »
Uyryzmag - Fletcher

Offline GinesGoblinSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2021, 12:02:26 PM »
Thorfinn Birigsson - Fletcher T2

I was taking a short break from the server for about a week, didn't realise there was an activity post :C

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline kordisch

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2021, 09:33:43 PM »
John_Patishon Weaponsmith T1. Lol list is full but I've been a weaponsmith for more than a month so maybe remove someone who was one for a shorter time.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 11:54:26 PM by kordisch »

Offline habitual roleplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2021, 02:58:16 AM »
i would also like to add that i noticed in the new 'crafters on map' thread, there is a listed cap of 5 craftsmen per profession

http://calradia.role-play.community/index.php/topic,1236.0.html

however there are only 2 workshops on map per profession, with only 2 chests in each

since this post, the craftsman cap per profession has gone up to 6, which only makes things worse

now that sage is no longer mapping i want to suggest to the new mapper that an extra chest needs to be added to every workshop, so they all have three chests. this is the only reasonable way to accommodate 6 craftsmen per profession

i am aware of the chest limit but i think it is inefficient that the various keeps around the map have multiple unused chests at their disposal while the workshops only have two chests each

so please consider redistributing the existing chests on map if thats whats preventing this from being resolved

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal