Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: Regarding Craftsmen  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Hagaron

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Regarding Craftsmen
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2021, 09:22:39 AM »
Ryder Carac, Fletcher Tier 2.

Offline Tyrion

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2021, 10:44:32 AM »
I've updated the crafting list, though i know there are people  missing.

Offline Demivar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2021, 11:10:33 AM »
I've updated the crafting list, though i know there are people  missing.
I think it’s disingenuous to have people’s OOC names on that list. You can add Cecilia de Ventadorn as a Tailor, Ghislaine var Sardou as a weaponsmith, Varg the Devout as a carpenter, Thorfinn Birigsson as a fletcher and Baldur Birigsson as a leather tanner.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 11:13:41 AM by Demivar »

Offline Tyrion

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2021, 11:17:54 AM »
It's so people can be in contact with them for things, or that regular staff not in the loop can contact them if they've gone missing. The crafters need to be replaced eventually as they go inactive sometimes, and if they need to go inactive for a period of time they need to tell staff.

Take Cecilia. I've been told the player quit. She's not been seen in recent times.

Offline Demivar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2021, 11:28:43 AM »
It's so people can be in contact with them for things, or that regular staff not in the loop can contact them if they've gone missing. The crafters need to be replaced eventually as they go inactive sometimes, and if they need to go inactive for a period of time they need to tell staff.

Take Cecilia. I've been told the player quit. She's not been seen in recent times.
It’s a roleplaying server and the rampant OOC ongoing in the community comes high on the list of warband RP’s faults. Placing more of an emphasis on OOC is almost always a negative force. I see the perceived practical benefits, but as a matter of principle I really don’t think it’s worth it.

I’ll also clarify that crafters don’t need to be replaced, aside from the caveat that OOC crafters existing long-term without RP can be an issue. Regarding RP - Saptor’s crafting system is efficient and very useful but it’s not there for RP. Crafters have almost always been ridiculous money machines, and in their current iteration they operate mostly as an alternative means of acquiring goods, rather than as the primary one. The absence of crafters mostly only hurts the factions whose workshops are empty, and expectations in prior scenarios that everyone should order most things from crafters is what leads to the slumdog millionaire bullshit that we see in most scenarios.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 12:40:53 PM by Demivar »

Offline Tyrion

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2021, 11:48:58 AM »
The rampant OOC ongoing in the community does come high on the list of Warband RP's faults, and I do not think it should be swept under the rug of "everyone does it" or with lenient punishments. With that said, this isn't exactly what this is about, nor is it where focus should be lain.

As it stands accepted profession applications are a matter of public record, and anyone can see them. I just choose not to go trawl through them, because i know a significant portion have gone inactive.

There is also a concern about gear inflation expressed by my glorious Emperor MarkZ, which i do agree with. Rampantly accepting anyone and their mother will result in a server full of crafters that will lead to further inflation. A lock or cap is best in these circumstances.

The waiting period that people have had has also gone on long enough, and it needs to be adressed, quite frankly.

Finally, this is an activity check, so people still need to post here, forum pm me, or steam me. After this is done i can go through applications. 

Offline nupori

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2021, 11:54:52 AM »
Nadia AlMancor, tanner T2 or 3 idk, only online during weekends because of university.

Offline Yoko

• View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2021, 11:55:52 AM »
Only thing id like to ask is, what gear inflation?

Apart from weapons (but even then its a stretch) , most equipment seems to get bought from admin merchants.
Which crafting times and costs being stupidly high/long (depending on what it is) , barely anyrhing of any worth is getting made by crafters.

And things that have been said by crafters a lot, theres either nothing they can craft at T3 (leather tanner), or have nothing in lower tiers to craft (tailor, armour smith) , or in the later tiers is just waaay to long of a wait (smiths).

Crafters dont really make money on this scenario, thats fine.
But a lot of the items of any importance "seems" to not be made by crafters.

Offline Tyrion

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2021, 12:05:20 PM »
At a quick thought, unlimited rents is a concern as craftsmen get packed like sardines into craftsmen shops can lead to rent inflation.

Admin merchants, and the general economy, will be spoken of with the rest of senior staff and input will be given by the rest of staff. But there may well be changes to things, and i ask for patience in that regards.

Offline Yoko

• View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2021, 12:12:42 PM »
Just dont spout off things like they're facts when they're not

Offline Tirtil

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2021, 01:59:32 PM »
#SayNoToAutomatProfessionRP

Offline Perry

• View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2021, 02:22:00 PM »
Alexander_Prager - Armoursmith - Tier 1

Offline Aladdin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2021, 04:15:29 PM »
Gudfrig T1 Armorsmith

Offline Guts

• View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2021, 10:06:49 PM »
Uhh Cecelia has not quit and is still active.

Offline Hakkir_Ragnarsson

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2021, 01:04:09 AM »
Tor Ragnarsson T2 Weaponsmith is still here and working.

Kinda hate how you allow so many of each profession. for example weaponsmiths  yet there is no space to put them.

I work with Bjorn and share the same smith, there is no space for a 3rd person for example..

Also yes, a bit annoyed at the admin merchant and admin spawning stuff for certain classes as we really do not get the business we should on the server.

Maybe this should be talked over in a meeting because its really not fair at all to even set the T3 craft time from 500 to 700 hours.. We will never get the work to be able to get there at the rate you have things structured.

Would be cool to allow the server to work under a all work together motive without Staff support.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 01:05:50 AM by Hakkir_Ragnarsson »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal