Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: Thoughts and Goodbye for Now.  (Read 847 times)

Offline Alders

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Thoughts and Goodbye for Now.
« on: February 08, 2021, 01:07:23 AM »
You know the drill. Time to mine some salt.

Before I start, let me get across something: I understand that IC circumstances lead to my character's exile. I know that I am banished according to Tehlrog and I understand that Willelm did some dumb shit. You don't need to remind me what I did, as I was there for all of it.

Now, let's discuss 2 things. The first, the choice to replace the FL with a new one. I have nothing against Bass and I really like the guy. I've rped with him a lot in the past and he's always been good to me. But I will hold myself to the same standard as I would with anyone.

1. This decision makes no IC sense and ruins what had been developing.

Despite the Fake News, Willelm hasn't been disinherited. In fact, the last act he had done was to ensure he wasn't. He retained his title and was still Hendrik's Heir. This is a fact and is accepted by all of Valant's officials, hence why I was able to return in the first place after getting a message from Alexander, the interim FL, to come back. Willelm had heard about the war and was already coming back to make good on his promise to the people of Valant "I will return when Valant needs me". At least ICly. To bring in another noble from off map who nobody has heard of in a time of crisis does not promote loyalty or reconstruction. It feels like an OOC occupation. Wiscontis comes to mind from Crp4 when this was last tried, though you have more examples. It doesn't promote IC and just nerfs the faction for longer.

The plan ongoing was to bring back a person a lot of people knew on the server, who had had leadership in the faction before, who wanted the title, and who still had the Valant name attached. All of this was Willelm, like him or not IC. He was the legal heir, he had a direct interest in the title, and he was determined to make something out of Valant. And besides that, I was already an accepted FL for the faction as Co-FL with Buns. Instead of having a complete and interesting storyarc that didn't necessary have to have a happy ending but would have made an interesting story and add onto many other character's stories there, which was the point of the RP, you know, to Rp a character, we got a random guy nobody knew before and didn't exist before he was made up arrive. It's like if in GOT, they just brought in some random Stark who apparently existed but isn't mentioned in the story at all to come and rule the North, and for some reason everyone accepts this. It's lazy writing and insulting to the people who put time and effort into it.

2. The OOC pressure.

I don't envy Kingsman. He's got salty players reporting him to Taleworlds, constant fighting among the faction leaders (Oddly the ones who ALWAYS do this shit, bigdicking and relying on OOC fighters to enforce their power), and constant barrages of people who think they can just DM him and shit gets done. Still, this decision was done, as it was explained to me, because of the OOC pressures on the guy.

There were many people out to kill the character, and part of it was that concern that killing my character would end in another war, which to credit the staff, is probably right. I promised OOC and IC I wouldn't start one, and I intended to not do so, but it's not really in my control. There are particular FLs and several nobles who simply don't listen to the admins, or are placated to by them in the interest of "Protecting the server". Those of you who know me, know that I -hate- that excuse. Especially when you can have 100+ people on your server at any given moment. If you hate having someone as FL, and know they cause trouble, then do something IC. Or have IC punishment for their actions if they step out of line. Instead, the staff team is curbed into supporting decisions that protect their holy playerbase no matter that fact it's shit Rp.

Still, while it seems bad on the surface, sometimes you have to take the hard route. I willingly accepted Ck if I was allowed back, and I did so knowing that I was going to face danger, both IC and OOC. I don't care. I want the hard moments and the difficult times, because that is far more interesting than just a faction replacement. And to say that it would have been more stressful for Pike isn't incorrect but at some point, you need to decide what the server is for. Is it for Rp? Or to have large numbers for events?

Now, I will give a brief explanation why all of this caused me to quit.

Since day 1, I have been insulted, attacked, beaten, threatened, and simply been treated hostile. Especially from certain nobles who I can only assume do so out of knowing who I am playing as. Calling my character a Rat or a Snake was just as strange as for that time, I was trying to reach peace agreements and bridged the gap between Ambean and Tehlrog thanks to willing participants on all sides who wanted the same thing. I hosted peace talks. I attempted to solve disagreements. And I supported Buns's policy throughout. I wanted victories to mean something and to curb defeats. I am the one who negotiated a peace settlement in the first war, not Buns, willingly risking ck to do so. I have done what I can to play Willelm in a heroic narrative where he fixes the wrongs he does, and serves his brother faithfully. Then he was exiled. Willelm was betrayed by everyone who knew him. His fiance of 5 years, his brother who he always saw as an irresponsible Valant but admittedly, a smart commander, his friends like Otto, who would rather chase their own power than look after their friend, unlike what Willelm did for them. He risked his life to save his enemies for no reward. He challenged the greatest forces on the map. And he lost. He admitted defeat, and returned to Valant in shame.

While there, Hendrik returned his titles with the condition that to protect relations, he will return to Praven until he is needed. His last words before leaving were "I will return when Valant needs me". And so, he did. He did after coming to peace with what he was going to do. He received a letter from Alexander, describing the situation. He learned of Hendrik's death and knew that to avoid disaster, he would have to do something drastic. He implored many people to remain in Valant with the expectation that there would be some major changes brought about to preserve the Valant name on the map. An agreement was made with Alexander and tact was given, unlike the Willelm from before. A changed man, willing to do whatever it took to rebuild his family's place in the lands of his ancestors. The "Last Vlandian" title he adopted for himself was supposed to be a statement. A statement that promised to rise to the occasion as if he was a hero in his own story, and become the man his father wanted him to be, in the Vlandian build. That. All lost. Because the admins decided to play it safe with vague promises of "oh, we'll make you an event character", which means "We'll let your character die in a really cool way so you can be the punching bag for the factions again". That's if that promise is actually kept. Not several hours ago, I was promised "we'll hear you out" by Pike, to speak to him and Mark. Instead they accelerated their decision despite having no need to, and avoided that all together.

I've been dragged through the mud, made into the villain, spammed OOC, disrespected for my time and effort, and targeted IC. All for nothing, but a stupid Event that I can't even have an impact on the outcome. People's stories fell into mine, and removing that tore into theirs as well. Simply because it was easier.

Keep in mind, everyone. This isn't a server for RP. It's for certain people to play power fantasies while you are there as background characters. It's a club for certain people and you aren't in it. Don't do what I did and learn the hard way after 5 years. Advancement is only in their approval OOC. On that note, I will say I am proud to have been in Valant. Fenada and Valant are the only factions with interesting rp happening and should have been how factions should be run.

How many factions can say they had the following: Intrigue, deception, betrayal, intense moments of uncertainty, conflict between members, fighting and winning against incredible odds, changes of heart and loyalty, scenes of incredible decisions to be made by it's members, and all this while being the least equipped, filled with OOC problems, having inactive leadership, and being given the shittiest starting position on any server I've played on. I'll go out in say it, I'm proud of Valant as it was, for all it's faults. Because I had real Rp there that felt like it mattered. Valant kept me in CRP, not anything else. Rp should feel like it did in Valant, not logging on for your OOC buddies. Maybe I am seeing something out of nothing, but damn if I didn't have a good time as deep as the shit I was in. That is the stuff we watch in shows and read in books.

I'll end on that note. I enjoyed rping with you all. We made something out of nothing, really. And credit to @Buns and @JustAnotherBambi for doing what they could. You'll see me again probably, but not on CRP. I need a break at least.

Offline pog frog

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Thoughts and Goodbye for Now.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 01:25:41 AM »
cuckwars antagonist going wild

Offline The Emperors Death Korp

• Got shot in the anus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 01:32:50 AM »
Honestly why was a new noble brought in when the heir was still alive? That legit makes no fucking sense
They want to surrender? No they want us to surrender. Nuts!

Offline Adams

• View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 02:41:50 AM »
no one is the hero in cuckwars, brother

Dustin drew this :DD

Offline Yoko

• View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 09:11:38 AM »
Just join fenada

Offline Kume

• View Profile
  • Faction: Manhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 02:31:10 PM »

what crp 7 was all about? -

Offline Native Clan Fighter#23

• View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 02:37:04 PM »

what crp 7 was all about? -
based kume kume based and redpilled  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal