Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: Gone and hopefully forgotten immediately  (Read 1827 times)

Offline Buns

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Gone and hopefully forgotten immediately
« on: February 07, 2021, 03:11:18 AM »
Disclaimer: - This isn't a like-grab goodbye forever post. It's an explanation to those who feel like they deserve one. If you don't care then don't read (no skin off my back) -

Hello guys and guys that roleplay girls. How ya been? It's been a hot minute.
I'm gonna retire from FL-ing the Valant/Vayejeg faction. Over the next few days I'll work on getting a replacement and not leaving the faction dead in the water. Well... deader in the water?
I'm making this quick post to explain my reasons so I don't have to individually message them to everyone who asks. So if you came here via a link - welcome and goodbye.

I want to start by saying it's no ones fault that I'm leaving, besides my own probably. For what it is worth the staff have given as much help as they can without it seeming like obvious favouritism. I'm going to sub-section my reasons below so this reads a bit nicer. Also, clean your screen it's fucking filthy.

Time
I've been called out for inactivity. My previous FL episodes have been when I was a student and I could easily sink 5-6 hours a day into the server and always be on for everyone's convenience. As soon as you can't be on for people to RP with you when it suits them, you're inactive all of a sudden?
I've been putting between 2 and 3 hours into the server daily since launch, other than a 2 day break where I went off map. But, this just isn't enough for an FL and I can't justify more so that's not going to change.

Passion
I thought that if I invested my time into the server then I'd get passionate about it. But, I just don't care. It's not that deep for me. I log on and I just chat shit on discord with my mates as CRP fills the silence like some Lo-Fi background music. But, listening to the same track over and over is boring eventually. Unfortunately that's what it's felt like recently. The only thing that puts a twinkle in my eye is robbing boats.

Before anyone gives it the old 'you have to make the RP' I tried. I do talk to people and passive RP, but it just feels like a chore. Sometimes I type out a response for someone's line that they haven't even written because I can guess what they're going to type. How many hours of RP do you have to have to get that superpower? mental.

Limits
Imma say it. Vayejeg is objectively the shittest faction. You could shoot into the keep's courtyard. It is all wood. Its resource is fish, which is the only resource on map that you can't lock up. The only upside is the amount of boats we can keep. It's crafting stations are two armour types and a fletcher - meaning there is no way to create melee weapons internally. The only thing I like is the barracks, seriously use that building more!

Having these limits means I had to RP to match the ruler of a little fishing village. Baron felt too grand a title even. If it was going to be that shit then it should've been ruled by like a village elder or something. It reduced faction income and ability to defend ourselves with a smaller force. This all detracted from the game for me. I never wanted to be the biggest/strongest faction, but always losing isn't fun either.

OOC shit
This is really a big'un. People (you know who you are) messaging you the same shit day in and day out. Like - dude - fucking chill I'm trying to watch Netflix or something else  ;) . I ended up talking to more people on steam chat compared to actually rping in game.
So my solution is ignoring them sometimes - but then you get a forum post which should've been titled 'Buns is a shit FL lol'. People whine that I didn't solve their problem because they wanted to have +45 gear instead of +32. Just shut up and enjoy what you got.

Expectations
I hopped into this slot in the week leading up to launch because it needed filling. Everyone expected the best gear and wanted me to throw money at new walls and upgrades, as well as shields, and make the village look better. To give you an idea - weekly roll is 5k for Vayejeg. Upgrading one person's armour is 3k. Buying stone/materials is another 2-3k - see how I am already over budget? Then I have to pay 'Sorry money' after fights that these people start AND THEY WANT A WEEKLY SALARY WHAT?

I remember the days where a padded cloth in a faction was like tincan and you were the bell of the ball.

Shit Roleplay
Players tend to put too much pressure of FL's in general to provide them with roleplay. An FL is there to manage a faction on a wider scale. RP servers are what you make of them. Go and create a situation that isn't a fight.
All the RP you deal with as an FL tends to be the same shit - if you want to speak to your faction leader then use a new approach. This is more of a general comment and maybe it's my fault for picking the faction members I had.
BUT, this is a saturated community. There are only so many recruits for a faction.

I'm sure I've posted a rant in the past about improving your RP - go digging.

Summary

This isn't goodbye forever. I am just stepping down from the position. I'll probably have another character to log on with the odd bit here and there. I just don't want to be the FL anymore. That is all it boils down to - which is a little selfish. I won't be never logging in again as Hendrik, obviously I'll make some sort of exit in game too.

Also, if you ain't read it all then don't reply anything cus idgaf. I don't need those 'You do you and look after your mental health' replies too. It's not that deep dude - it's fucking CRP. I just don't care anymore. Maybe I'll be a tutor for new players or smt.

I hope that boats continue to be stolen in my honour.

Offline Alders

• View Profile
Re: Gone and hopefully forgotten immediately
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 03:14:59 AM »
Willelm will return to continue the family tradition.

Sorry to hear you are leaving. I hope we can square away the faction in the coming weeks with some help from the staff team to give us a fighting chance over the other factions (Keep, resources, etc). Hope to see Hendrik again. There must be a Valant in Valantford.

Offline JustAnotherBambi

• View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 04:19:56 AM »
Look after your mental health beautiful, you are strong and will get through this. Message me hun xoxox

Offline Wulf

• View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 04:33:34 AM »
You do you and look after your mental health x

Offline Sophia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 04:56:03 AM »
will miss you..

Offline FlameLord

• 'You better not be a manhunter!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 06:50:16 AM »
Take time to yourself man, sometimes that's just how shit goes and yeah, you're a better person for taking a break rather than continuing through, have a good time chillin.  8)

Offline Jack32

• I move.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 10:36:59 AM »
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 01:18:40 PM by Jack32 »
We move.

Offline Trevozo

• View Profile

Offline Septimus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 11:56:43 AM »
Fuck, saw the title and thought it's about the fog or smth..

Offline CheetaFRL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2021, 12:24:59 PM »
At last we´ll dance and sing in Vayejeg after Hendrik leaves.

Yeah, Vayejeg´s not in a winnable position, nobody wants its resources and there are expectations that are simply too high.
I think it´s all for the best that this happens.

ps. look after your mental health, stay strong xx

Offline Jack32

• I move.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2021, 12:29:01 PM »

Its just some dude taking the piss out of my character, no need to simp.
We move.

Offline Trevozo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2021, 12:42:33 PM »
Its just some dude taking the piss out of my character
Paranoia is an instinct or thought process which is believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of delusion and irrationality.[1] Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself.

Offline Moffel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2021, 12:44:37 PM »
Its just some dude taking the piss out of my character, no need to simp.

jak, go cri  :'(

Offline Jack32

• I move.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2021, 01:18:16 PM »
We move.

Offline Jokah

• View Profile