Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: Random crashes  (Read 481 times)

Offline Flappywm

• View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
Random crashes
« on: February 03, 2021, 06:05:25 PM »
I'll be playing on the CRP sever and ill experience random crashes making it unplayable, the game suddenly freezes and the game exits to my home screen. I've tested on other PK servers and this doesn't happen.

This issue is infuriating when I'm halfway through a scene and I suddenly crash, furthermore if I crash in combat I'd be accused of clogging. So, I'm wondering if this has happened to anybody else or if anyone has a fix?

Offline Seán

• Nothing that’s worthwhile is ever easy
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Random crashes
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 06:39:24 PM »
Ensure that you have force single threading *******off******(I know it's a no brainer but some people have it on idk why). Then ensure that force vertical sync is also off as well as having load textures on demand ON. If that doesn't work I'd try running in dx7, if you're not already. And if doing all of that doesn't work I'd do a completely fresh reinstall, usually fixes every problem you encounter.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 10:08:21 PM by Seán »

Offline Flappywm

• View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 09:57:42 PM »
Okay so I did all the things you suggested and it still ended up crashing every time I joined the server, then I re-installed mount and blade and the mod to see if that would work. It didn't. I double-checked the settings on the config menu and realised id forgotten to turn off the scene editor mode like an absolute muppet and that had made the game unstable. So thanks, I wouldn't have seen that without going into the config menu with your advice.

Offline Seán

• Nothing that’s worthwhile is ever easy
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 10:14:58 PM »
Haha, nice man - happy you got your game working again.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal