Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: Hilltop Farmstead - Building Request  (Read 235 times)

Offline Ze Sultan

• View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
Hilltop Farmstead - Building Request
« on: January 22, 2021, 12:20:54 AM »
Character name: Dughlas MacGilleMhoire

Steam or Discord name: Bognie

Description of building: This construction project is a livestock farmstead on the bluff above Ambean. This includes one main farmhouse, and a small pen for livestock. Also, rocks and trees will need to be removed for space and resources throughout the project.

The farmhouse would include a chest, bedroom and basic living amenities. As well as being a farmhouse, this will act secondarily as the home of Dughlas. Having spoken to Baron Julian IC, permission has been given for this land to be used as such.

Below, I have created some rough diagrams showing the removal of the rocks, and then a rough outline for the placement of the farmhouse and what it might look like.

These first two images outline the two large rock clusters needing to be removed. Next, I've mocked up some idea of what the house might look like. Of course, this may change in a variety of ways.

The position of the house may need to move forward or backward depending on how the ground looks once that rock is cleared. I've placed the front door facing a natural walk-way along the stone, which you go across naturally if you walk up the hill. Finally, the livestock pen is shown roughly below.

This area is positioned directly behind the house, past a handful of trees. It is a very natural place to have the livestock, if not a little uneven. It could be flattened to create a basic fenced-in pen for sheep or goats.

Location of building:

Atop the hill, behind Ambean accessible by turning left upward instead of crossing the bridge to the Ambean keep.

Reason for building:

This land is perfect for hilltop livestock farming, and is a natural course of expansion for Ambean. It provides another resource within the Ambean area, being goods produced by said livestock, though not in ridiculous amounts. It is also in a safe, well-protected area however would not be invulnerable to raids as Ambean have a habit of hiding in their keep during attacks.

The site is not absolutely perfect for building, as it requires ground to be cleared and potentially flattened, however it provides plently of room and was suggested to be used as farmland by the Baron Julian himself.

What will the building add in terms of role-play, or general fun in-game?

Firstly, though I daresay Ambean has quite a lot of passive RP, it adds opportunity for some lucky new player to be employed as a livestock handler instead of joining the Veyejeg guard. Aside from that, given it's out-of-the-way position I realise it does not provide much to new players or the general server population in terms of roleplay. It does, however, provide Ambean an opportunity to interact more heavily in cross-faction trading.

All factions have a natural path of expansion in building more facilities for themselves and developing the land that they own. This land is close to the centre of Ambean and is more than ideal for its intended purpose, as was suggested by the Baron. Ambean also does not currently engage in animal husbandry, so some introduction of that would be welcome.

I do genuinely understand that the creation of this small farmstead may be too out-of-the-way for the staff team to accept, and I would more than respect that decision. Because of this, I would just like to note here that it could be moved, though ideally would be built here.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 01:34:52 AM by Bognie »

Offline Sage McQuincy

• View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
Re: Hilltop Farmstead - Building Request
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 09:12:32 AM »
After some discussion with other staff members, we decided to keep animal husbandry in Vayejeg. For now at least.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal