Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: Valantford Church  (Read 256 times)

Offline Hansea

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Valantford Church
« on: February 19, 2021, 03:26:09 PM »
Character name / organisation name: Fredrick Uro/The Makerist Church.
Steam of Discord name (or add me, my links are in the topic above): Hassel#1447

Description of building: A simple stone church with a chapel-like room containing benches, an altar and a small table with a bowl of holy water. If possible, I would also love two small side rooms or an upstairs area. One of them containing a table and a few chairs (a meeting room of sorts) and another one containing one or a couple of beds and book shelves so as to facilitate the living quarters of a few priests.
Location of building:

On the plot of land right next to the former school in Valantford lands. The current building (wooden house by the stable) would be torn down and replaced with the church.

Reason for building: After the fall of the Earl who had been the sponsor of a renovation of the Telrog church, Benedict Valant has offered to host a new church on his lands, now that he is also in possession of the stone mines. It is hoped that this might finally provide a place where the inhabitants of the fiefdom might seek relief for the needs of their soul as well as provide living quarters for a clergy as has been sorely missed.

What will the building add in terms of role-play, or general fun in-game?: It will serve as a location in which religious rituals can take place for Core Makerists, both of Valantford and elsewhere. Additionally, it can serve as a minor office for the clergy and a place for them to meet both with each other as well as friends of the faith. By its very nature, a church is also very open to the public and might help draw more activity to the Valantford village as well as the road that travels between Ambean and Valantford lands. Given its location right next to what shall be the courthouse, I believe it will contribute to a healthy dynamic in a revived village life that goes beyond going there merely to fish.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 09:21:23 AM by Hansea »
Fredrick Uro - Best priest this side of the Mississippi

Offline WinstonMehrzad

• View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
Re: Valantford Church
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 08:42:07 PM »
Is this still needed?

Offline CheetaFRL

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Valantford Church
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 08:32:07 PM »
This will be archived for now as there has not been a reply - Will be looking into it once more if this is still wanted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal