Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: Mercenary Camp for The Velucan Pikes  (Read 429 times)

Offline Goodoe

• a retired rulebreaker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Manhunter
Mercenary Camp for The Velucan Pikes
« on: January 27, 2021, 11:43:54 AM »
Character name / organisation name: The Velucan Pikes
Steam of Discord name: Goodoe

Description of building: A basic mercenary camp made of wooden shacks (a main one and one minor one) with a camp fire. A small training ground with archer targets and some dumby dolls would be very appreciated. The main shack would need a room for us to have chests in order to fit in our gear and more. The minor one would need beds for men to sleep in (some kind of barracks). A cell outside, at the entrance of the main shack would also help us. Finally, me and other members would cut rocks in order to make a stone texture trail way around the camp and build a stone pile fence around the shacks to delimit the camp. Also, it would be nice to have a table and a couple of chairs in the main shack for clients.
Location of building: Anywhere on the Tehlrog outskirts.
Reason for building: The Rhodok company has arrived by ship to the lands with tools and a decent amount of wood and already cut stone. They'd spend a few days building their camp at the outskirts of the city so they would bother no one.

What will the building add in terms of role-play, or general fun in-game?: They will be the headquarters for our company and hopefully a hub for Rhodok travellers who want to feel a bit more at home.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 08:27:54 PM by Goodoe »
mercenary hype beast

Offline Goodoe

• a retired rulebreaker
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenary Camp for The Velucan Pikes
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 08:10:46 PM »
Other than that description, I really don’t want to get in between @Sage McQuincy ’s imagination. I don’t see the point of sketching building on screenshots since you’re much more talented than I am in architecture.
mercenary hype beast

Offline Sage McQuincy

• View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 02:44:27 PM »
Give me an exact location please.

"arrived by ship to the lands with tools and a decent amount of wood and already cut stone."
That's a bit cheap in my opinion. Once I have the location I will add 1 shack with storage, then you can build the rest ICly with resources gathered.

I assume you have IC permission to build?

Offline Goodoe

• a retired rulebreaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 04:33:02 AM »
Give me an exact location please.

"arrived by ship to the lands with tools and a decent amount of wood and already cut stone."
That's a bit cheap in my opinion. Once I have the location I will add 1 shack with storage, then you can build the rest ICly with resources gathered.

I assume you have IC permission to build?

Spoke with Hani, it would be the exact location where the old Golden Sparrow camp was where you mapped it, since they went totally inactive. So right next to the Vaegir bridge, Tehlrog side. And sure, we'll build the rest IC'ly.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 09:00:20 PM by Goodoe »
mercenary hype beast

Offline Sage McQuincy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 11:28:15 AM »
Since the old camp got burned, I made a 'storage' shack with chests and some beds, consider it made from the recycled stuff from the old camp.
You can build the barracks and jail cell and the other stuff you want IC:

I'm assuming only the storage shed will need a locked door and the barracks building can remain unlocked?
Do you have a preference for which prop you want to use?
Do you have a banner?
I'm thinking of giving the jail cell the same ID as the door to the storage to conserve door IDs, any objections to that?

While the details get sorted, you can start gathering wood.

Offline Goodoe

• a retired rulebreaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 11:35:00 AM »
Since the old camp got burned, I made a 'storage' shack with chests and some beds, consider it made from the recycled stuff from the old camp.
You can build the barracks and jail cell and the other stuff you want IC:

I'm assuming only the storage shed will need a locked door and the barracks building can remain unlocked?
Do you have a preference for which prop you want to use?
Do you have a banner?
I'm thinking of giving the jail cell the same ID as the door to the storage to conserve door IDs, any objections to that?

While the details get sorted, you can start gathering wood.

Storage Shed needs a locked door! Barracks building can remain unlocked. I have no preference, just like dark coloured wood if possible. We have no banner. And the same ID doors for cells and shed is perfect to me.

And how much wood do we need?
mercenary hype beast

Offline Sage McQuincy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 12:00:06 PM »
First we'll do the house and cage, then we'll get to the stone path and perimeter stuff / other things

Cage: 20 iron ore
House: 200 wood (branches or logs) and 100 flax or wheat (for the roof)

Furniture:
5 linen cloth, 5 wood and 5 wheat/flax per bed (how many do you want?)

Table and chairs and such: 40 wood (branches or logs)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal