Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: Salt Deposit  (Read 285 times)

Offline Portugese Bilolus

• Better Man Doing Nothing Gang
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
Salt Deposit
« on: February 02, 2021, 07:48:58 PM »
Character name / organisation name: Amice_var_Sardou Dughlas_Hi'lan''er
Steam of Discord name (or add me, my links are in the topic above): Bilolus

Description of building: Amice and Dughlas attempted to find out if the water in the swamps would contain some salt deposits, this is a first topic before we begin roleplay, as I assume the area will first have to be dried and then only the infrastructure could be put there
Location of building: Swamps of Ambean
Reason for building: This - if staff would agree to export salt out of map could be a way for new players, or players to generally earn bucks from Amice and Dough, its simple - mining salt would provide a certain payment and then the salt would be despawned to trade off map, could be also used to spawn in salted foods that could also be sold on map, as an alternative. What this will end up being, I leave to the staff. Amice and Doughlas are just searching for a way to earn coin.

What will the building add in terms of role-play, or general fun in-game?:
This will most likely not be very rolepla-y enviroment as it will mostly involve simply digging salt, but I assume the process of drying the swamp, construction and what not will bring some with it, aswell if salted food would be spawned in. I assume it will be novelty more so than something useful as it is not that good for the food bar, but could be interesting. We are looking to export it out of map more so, than do anything with it on map, basically it'd create an enviroment like the mines - but on Ambean side and with its own unique resource.

We conducted some IC research with Corinnes' advice and ICly this way we will find out if we found something, if the water has no salt in it.

https://imgur.com/a/2Y5LCCI
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 07:58:14 PM by Bilolus »

Offline Sage McQuincy

• View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
Re: Salt Deposit
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 07:50:15 AM »
I'm not a geologist but far as I know, saltwater swamps only appear on coastlines or estuaries.
We're not close enough to the sea to find salt in a swamp, in my opinion.

Offline Portugese Bilolus

• Better Man Doing Nothing Gang
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
Re: Salt Deposit
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 07:08:50 PM »
Unsure about that myself too, it was just my way of coming up with ANY new type of buisness on map, if you think it is too ridicilous of a claim to put a salt mine there, i'll be fine with it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal