Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: Unban Appeal - Goodoe  (Read 450 times)

Offline Goodoe

• a retired rulebreaker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Manhunter
Unban Appeal - Goodoe
« on: January 21, 2021, 09:09:26 PM »
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Goodoe/

Character's Name: Hrodulf_Dohfelheim

GUID: 3017267

Reasoning for the ban: Attempted Wealth Transfer

What happened, in your view: Me and @Marjelas became friends when we both had our characters in Vayejeg. He played Percival_Longsword and I played Cassius_Aeneas. Unfortunately we both didn't have fun in that faction, being an inactive, disorderly, and a generally, bad place to find RP. Therefore, I resigned as noble, and he applied to replace me as Knight. Being unanswered for a long time now, I asked Marjelas if he wanted to make a brother character with me and start a family. The thing is, Marjelas had 2.7k on his character Percival, and didn't know what to do with it. The character was useless, it was Swadian, so very bad to work in the Nordic regions. So he made Halfdan_Dohfelheim, my brother character. The thing is, I was poor as fuck on Hrodulf since it was a new character, and we needed money to start a family. We wanted to rent out a house, perhaps a farm or anything to invest in that could generate some revenue. Thus, Percival and Hrodulf (my nordic char), who are already good IC friends, shared money. IC'ly, Hrodulf asked Percival for a loan. He gave me 2k coins. I understood that I was always supposed to hold this money, and never had the intention of giving Marjelas his 2k from the other character. He made the brother character, but I spent the money in a different way he intended me to use it. I bought myself a long bow from @Hagaron for 3.5k, my savings and @Marjelas 's money. Marjelas felt scammed, even though this was for the good of the family, since I'm the head of the family, and Hrodulf needs to have good gear. He started threatening me saying he wanted the money back, I disagreed saying IC is IC balblabla... Some time after a long and futile argument, I personally went to Shin and told him: "Listen mate, this is a misunderstanding, but it seems we have attempted to Wealth Transfer from this whole bullshit story". Now, @shin @Wulf @Hagaron (who has the bow money, so Percival's money and mine) and @Daemon (who hates me OOC for no reason and probably encouraged my ban) have banned me and Marjelas for TWO WEEKS, saying we indirectly Wealth Transferred. Basically, we're both being banned because I used the money in a different way Marjelas thought we would (Not scamming, I would've used the bow for our family.) and the staff team calls me an OOC Scammer and Wealth Transferrer.

Proof of Daemon being unprofessional Staff and glad I'm banned:

Proof We Never Attempted to WT but tried making a family the honest way:

We were using money from a past character but in a legal way. Marjelas' new character wouldn't get a coin from the transferred money, it would only be dedicated to our family.

How will you avoid being banned in future: I apologise if you think I did anything wrong. We did our best to try and save a 2 week grind from being thrown in the garbage in a legal way. Shin didn't even bust us or anything, I simply admitted to what we could have mistakingly done, and here we are, both banned for 14 days. I asked him if we could get a shorter ban, or maybe a simple wipe of our gold.. But he and Daemon believed we should get banned for the length of a Wealth Transfer, claiming we are lucky of not being banned permanently. Sorry for this, we did cause trouble, even though we openly admitted to it and none of the Staff had to do any research to investigate the rule break (since we confessed to it because of our argument). I hope this sort of misunderstanding won't happen again, and I can get back to RP as soon as possible. Even though I am quite disappointed at the current harsh punishment from staff.

@Kingsman @MarkZ
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 09:42:35 PM by Goodoe »
mercenary hype beast

Offline MarkZ

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Unban Appeal - Goodoe
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 09:16:01 PM »
This will be discussed by staff, however on a personal note;

If it is true that you believed yourself to have found some "legal loophole" to the WT rules, you are infact mistaken. However, if it is true that you approached the staff in the belief that you had not broken a rule, and admitted to it openly, than I believe the full punishment may not fit the crime. Ignorance of the rules does not excuse you from them, however I have also been on the receiving end of such a situation long ago. I was once banned in a similar circumstance over a misunderstanding wayyyyy back in SRP, and one of the admins punished me very harshly. It was only after the intervention of another admin, seeing the misunderstanding and honest admission of said mistake, that I was able to continue playing there.

So, I will speak to all the involved admins, and hear their testimony. If they feel you were genuinely ignorant, or at the very least felt you were using a loophole and werent ACTUALLY breaking rules (even though it was a grey area), we can discuss alterations to the punishment.

Offline Goodoe

• a retired rulebreaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 09:18:50 PM »
I openly admit of trying to use the loophole. 100%. But I thought it was legal, so I went ahead and did it. Using my friend’s money for his own good without him directly having it or directly “profiting”
from it.

Note: These 2K were genuinely acquired from hard grinding... That’s why we acted...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 09:20:49 PM by Goodoe »
mercenary hype beast

Offline Hagaron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 09:33:22 PM »
You are really mixing up the story and making us look like the bad guys here. You attempted an illegal wealth transfer and blame it on us for banning instead of letting you go unpunished. We told you to make an unban appeal so the ban wouldn't be two weeks, we even told you it would be likely a few days due to your misunderstanding.

I don't know where you get the idea from that Daemon was being unprofessional when he only said two words the entire conversation.

Offline Goodoe

• a retired rulebreaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 09:39:03 PM »
You are really mixing up the story and making us look like the bad guys here. You attempted an illegal wealth transfer and blame it on us for banning instead of letting you go unpunished. We told you to make an unban appeal so the ban wouldn't be two weeks, we even told you it would be likely a few days due to your misunderstanding.

I don't know where you get the idea from that Daemon was being unprofessional when he only said two words the entire conversation.

I didn’t mix up anything, I legit admitted to everything with the main core reason being the misunderstanding I had with Marjelas. And to be honest, I was never hoping to go unpunished, but seeing how strict you guys were when speaking to me comparing this “confessed attempted rulebreak”, or “WT loophole” to a guy who walks in a police station admitting he MURDERED SOMEONE; that gave me the desire to fight a bit back in this complaint.

Like this is is freaking extreme, that’s what I’m pointing out.. Your hyperbole made me  directly guilty.

Btw Daemon didn’t only say two words, he DM’ed @Marjelas making fun of us, and taunted me in DMs..
mercenary hype beast

Offline shin

• Washed up degen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 12:57:29 AM »
Following staff discussion and your appeal, your ban length has been reduced from 14 days to 3 days.

You will be unbanned on 2021-01-24.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal