Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: ivar ban appeal  (Read 890 times)

Offline Native Clan Fighter#23

• View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
ivar ban appeal
« on: January 09, 2021, 04:46:57 PM »
Steam Link:

Character's Name: ivar ornsson

GUID: 3835288

Reasoning for the ban: dropping a cw

What happened, in your view: apparently i'm permabanned, not warned not temp banned but permabanned for dropping a cw in which no one was even kod to me this seems way out of line and too harsh a punishment for such a minor incident in my opinion a simple warning would've sufficed

How will you avoid being banned in future: i will no longer drop any cws
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:52:17 PM by Dabulous »

Offline Goodoe

• a retired rulebreaker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Manhunter
Re: ivar ban appeal
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 05:12:29 PM »
Were you banned on older CRPs? Because I got banned yesterday due to Staff copy-pasting their old DB. It seems to ban old GUIDs.
mercenary hype beast

Offline Wulf

• View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 05:53:17 PM »
Were you banned on older CRPs? Because I got banned yesterday due to Staff copy-pasting their old DB. It seems to ban old GUIDs.
No. Jokah banned him for throwing a // Combat Warning midst a scene that could've caused significant damage to the factions.

Offline Kume

• View Profile
  • Faction: Manhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 07:09:40 PM »
keep him banned, the longer u keep these doods away from the server, the longer the server will remain alive

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 07:11:56 PM »
keep him banned, the longer u keep these doods away from the server, the longer the server will remain alive
hey can the staff remove irrelevant posts from my appeal pls. also its insane that ur still allowed to roam on these servers u actual creature

Offline Hawkeye

• View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 08:22:26 PM »
I mean //cw'ing in a tense situation like 10 swadians and 10 nords looking at each other is -very very- dangerous but i dont think he deserved a perm ban, maybe a 1 houred temp ban but admins are harsh af, im banned for 2 weeks for poking people

Offline Jokah

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 09:07:47 PM »
Hello Dabulous.

Over the past few days you the staff team has noticed various instances involving your character Ivar Ornsson being involved in scenes which include fail roleplay, metagaming and initiating combat without proper IC reasoning or interaction in collaboration with others OOC.

The staff team will discuss your appeal and give a judgement in the coming days.

Offline The Emperors Death Korp

• Got shot in the anus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 04:11:44 AM »
I mean //cw'ing in a tense situation like 10 swadians and 10 nords looking at each other is -very very- dangerous but i dont think he deserved a perm ban, maybe a 1 houred temp ban but admins are harsh af, im banned for 2 weeks for poking people
you were temp banned for a lot more than poking people man
They want to surrender? No they want us to surrender. Nuts!

Offline MarkZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 08:55:52 PM »
Please elaborate and expand on your appeal if you wish for it to be considered.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 09:14:50 PM »
Please elaborate and expand on your appeal if you wish for it to be considered.
See, the issue is I've been given a vague list of things I've apparently done wrong. From my point of view, I was  permanently banned for dropping a CW which seems completely unjust as a permanent ban should be a last resort, for someone who has committed a severe rule break such a doxing, duping, stealing from chests etc. Acts which can significantly harm a server. I'm not sure what I can elaborate on, should I have dropped the combat warning during the scene? Perhaps not, but insults were being exchanged and my character had every reason to initiate combat, after witnessing Swadians desecrate the graves of his fallen comrades the previous night. As for what Jokah briefly mentions about the 'fail roleplay, metagaming and initiating combat without proper IC reasoning or interaction in collaboration with others OOC' I cannot think of a time I have fail roleplayed, sure I may have used some slang or neologisms when I was with a group of friends, but who hasn't? I've seen many people on this server do the same, yet they remain on the server. For the collaboration with others OOC I have no idea what he means by this.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2021, 10:51:51 PM »
Any update on this ?

Offline shin

• Washed up degen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 02:15:45 PM »
You'll be unbanned on the 23rd of January following staff discussion and your appeal.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal