5 (8.6%)
Caravans/Slave Traders
4 (6.9%)
Mystery/Detective
9 (15.5%)
Storyline
18 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Event Suggestions  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Hagaron

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Event Suggestions
« on: December 22, 2020, 10:58:29 PM »
Hello everyone,

One on one roleplay is the easiest kind to participate in. Largely because you are just working with one other person's schedule. That means less hassle trying to find time to roleplay, and it lets your characters develop a deeper personal connection. But if you are in a faction or you play with a group of friends, sometimes all that one on one roleplay means people can start to feel like they really don't matter or that they just aren't getting any roleplay.

Whether you are in a faction, or just have a substantial group of friends, running a roleplay event is a way to keep everyone engaged, and make sure nobody feels left out. For those reasons we are looking for event suggestions, what you would like to see once the server is launched? Suggest your idea's down below and we might use them for future events.

The poll is just a suggestion of what the community likes to see most.

Arena Fights
Arena fights have always been a big part of the community, but we will be trying to give it as much of a twist as possible. In the end, it's still a big circle made out of wood. If you have any idea what we could do with this building - Feel free to suggest down below.

Bandit Raids
These events will likely occur with only combat-based characters. They do not promote a lot of passive roleplay but are always a big adrenaline rush for most. We will try to let the outcome of these events not be combat based all the time.

Comedic events
See these sort of events that are created for you to make you laugh, for example, a wannabe wizard or a troll underneath a bridge.

Festivals
Caravans filled with exotic people and animals will pass by with games and organized events to keep people entertained.

Caravans/Slave Traders

A group of people will travel through the map, trying to sell their goods or people.

Mystery/Detective
Every once in a while a weird event will occur. A mysterious murder or weird creatures spotted in the swamps. We will try our best to create these events as realistic as possible with the resources we got.

Storyline
A scenario with risk of losing gold, maim or even your character getting killed but with the reward of character progress and something to keep up with. We are still unsure how to create these events so feel free to comment down below.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 02:06:58 PM by Hagaron »

Offline habitual roleplayer

• View Profile
Re: Event Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 02:33:57 AM »
can you set the poll so that we can vote on more than one

Offline Bartolomeo

• Fuckin' Jeggers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 10:45:22 AM »
just spam vaegirs, smoothbrain. no one that dedicates themselves to events actually makes good events, especially 'loremasters' or 'event managers' or anyone that carries a similar title.

save us the wasted time and save yourself the embarrassment. unless the event is something you simply cannot go without running, dont do it. events for the sake of events are lame.

actually, ill give you a hint on how to make events not suck: allow players to progress from them. you know that super cool murder mystery event youve got in your brain, or maybe those cultists? that epic final showdown where the players have tracked the ringleader down? ya. no one gives a flying fuck because everyone knows that every single cultist throw away has no regard for their life, no gold or items to loot, no interesting dogma to preach, and will mean fuckall once the event is over. lasting consequences or opportunity for TANGIBLE, MEASURABLE individual advancement are the name of the game. if your event fails to deliver either its probably a bad event.

that means gear, gold, CK risk, maim risk, map alterations, profession tier increases, etc. if you cant deliver any of those, then stick to vaegirs.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 10:48:52 AM by Bartolomeo »
---[[DOWNLOADING GITHUB]]---

Offline Portugese Bilolus

• Better Man Doing Nothing Gang
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 12:56:15 PM »
To be fair the best events are when event managers just log on and create some small scenes on map using props and whatnot instead of going to try to entertain the whole map, stuff like that should be realy open and up to the creativity of the staffer to play an intriguing character, create a small story or be the enviroment. Small events that happen totally at random and to small group of people instead of the whole server are realy cool because they are memorable and can leave some characters permamently changed even if they are small.

And the event manager can have a kick himself since its to his own discretion and players action how such things end up.

For example i remember two of such events that happened to me completely randomly, on Krenn 2 i was playing my mercenary character hunting with someone and an event manager decided to just surprise us and roleplay as enviroment saying that there was a nest of an beautiful bird - and my greedy character decided to steal its eggs to try to care for them himself and raise the birds to sell them, but ended up knocking the nest over and having them all break wchich caused him to think on his actions quite heavily.

Other when me and Davos were fishing on CRP 5 and some staffer made us a whole ass event playing as the lake where we ended up catching some big ass fish.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 01:00:23 PM by Bilolus »

Offline Hagaron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 02:01:23 PM »
just spam vaegirs, smoothbrain. no one that dedicates themselves to events actually makes good events, especially 'loremasters' or 'event managers' or anyone that carries a similar title.

save us the wasted time and save yourself the embarrassment. unless the event is something you simply cannot go without running, dont do it. events for the sake of events are lame.

actually, ill give you a hint on how to make events not suck: allow players to progress from them. you know that super cool murder mystery event youve got in your brain, or maybe those cultists? that epic final showdown where the players have tracked the ringleader down? ya. no one gives a flying fuck because everyone knows that every single cultist throw away has no regard for their life, no gold or items to loot, no interesting dogma to preach, and will mean fuckall once the event is over. lasting consequences or opportunity for TANGIBLE, MEASURABLE individual advancement are the name of the game. if your event fails to deliver either its probably a bad event.

that means gear, gold, CK risk, maim risk, map alterations, profession tier increases, etc. if you cant deliver any of those, then stick to vaegirs.

Thank you for your input. I had 'storyline' in the poll as well but removed it because I though nobody would want a scenario that you described; something with risk and progress. We will try to create the scene you mentioned and add it to the poll.

If you have any ideas or suggestions of how we can make these events feel free to post.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 02:04:21 PM by Hagaron »

Offline FireRaze

• View Profile
  • Faction: Manhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 02:48:13 PM »

damn bart i thought this post would give me cancer but instead it cured my aids

Offline Yoko

• View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2020, 04:12:35 PM »
What people would enjoy from events is subjective. Some like fighting some don't. 

The two above have put it nicely.

Its good to have some element of story line/epic but dont make it lack luster + itd be good to see that stuff have a lasting effect for a little while atleast on the scenario. 
A good thing to note as well when doing those is to not spam them /overdo them.

Plus to be able to improvise and come up with stuff on the whim be it random or quirky, as long as its enjoyable and entertaining which fits the scenario go for it.

Big events should be sparse and carefully thought of. Not rushed.

Improvised little personal events can be spontaneous and on the whim.

Keep things progressive, don't waste a moment and have fun

Offline Hagaron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2020, 04:43:40 PM »
It's hard to find a middle ground and to please everybody. Personally I like to improvise scenarios on the spot that aren't big, something that drags on and has effect on players that interact with the scenario.

As said, big events should be rare but something out of the box. But creating an event that isn't bland requires some good organisation. My idea trying to avoid this, is giving each event character a task to do so their character isn't just a copy from their personally. For example; a jester has to steal something or hit on a woman, be a drunkard or something like that. The tasks given will be completely random.

If they succeed they'd be rewarded with some coin for their own main character, depending on the amount of time they put in.

Offline Yoko

• View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2020, 04:48:06 PM »
Nice ideas though with that might rise issues also.

Just remember you can't please everyone.

Offline Jack32

• I move.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2020, 05:57:47 PM »
Combat events are basically useless, stick to passive events such as admin merchants, festivals, or make it a story line.

I remember in PAX 1 where a admin came on map as a khergit warlord, led everyone in a mine expedition and eventually was betrayed by the people and took his gold, shield,  helmet and horse. sadly there was no concequence for killing the warlord like a khergit party coming to take revenge, but it would be nice for these small events and big events that involve risk of getting kod/maimed/cked to also have a reward. Why would some one risk their life to fight some bandits if he can just sit in his castle?

We move.

Offline Hagaron

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2020, 06:04:39 PM »
Indeed, events and scenarios should have consequences, specially if it included nobility. In the past the consequences of committing a crime or any sort were nonexistent, we will definitely focus on that.

Offline Kume

• View Profile
  • Faction: Manhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2020, 06:27:15 PM »
Combat events are basically useless, stick to passive events such as admin merchants, festivals, or make it a story line.
I actually disagree with that jack, there are 2 common categories of people here, combat and passive ppl.You cant just ignore the combat events and focus on passive one's, the last server that tried that way died so quick and it never hit the top of being popular.
In my opinion there should be a mix of combat and passive events even tho i'd agree there should be more passive than combat events considering the players get to combat scenes more often, likewisely a mix of both would give success and the server would live longer

Offline Gazz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2020, 07:17:50 PM »
Good thing we have our friends in the ruined castle across the river that want to kill us for the people that want a more active event.

Offline Rat03

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2021, 01:58:56 PM »
Lets do all the events at the same time at one point.

Offline TheUnit

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2021, 06:59:51 PM »
A large portion of these suggestions cater to the fighting population that do not drive RP.

Comedic event should be a thing, crack a joke fit for the region or even a beauty contest based on emotes. A competition who can spit the furthest maybe? Why not who can make the best painting in 10 minutes?

Festivals can be amazing if you get the right type of ECs (krenn 4). You can create a circus with acrobats. And why not have the nobles jousting to the roaring cheers of the audiance?

Mertchant/slave traders - Why slaves or gear? Sell something that carry a value for an emote, maybe a large medallion from Rhodok, maybe make up? Why not have the merchant ask for the women to step up to be bet on in order to take them out for a dinner and spend some time with them. Who was sold to who should get the talk going...

« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 07:04:09 PM by TheUnit »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal