Information > Rules & Info

Building in-game

(1/1)

Sage McQuincy:
Hello everyone,
The following is an explanation on how we will handle building requests, and building IC.

The main thing is that map space is limited. We're limited in how many KBs the map can be, how laggy certain areas can get, how many chests we can place, and so forth. This means that not all building requests will be accepted. Even if "it should be possible to build X and Y IC", it might just not be worth it to actually place it on the map.
Since building requests are all unique and with their own reasons, it's hard to make a general list of rules. But below here I will give some examples I can think of, that can either make a building approved or not approved. Do's and Don't, so to say.

These are guidelines and not guarantees. The final decision is made by the staff team.

So you want to build?

Things that help your request getting accepted:
Your request:
- Fits within the current map
- Allows interaction with many players
- Provides or promotes Role-Play or interesting scenarios
- Slightly alters or adds to existing structures

Things that help your request getting denied:
Your request:
- Asks for private housing (private housing can be added in towns when we feel there is a need for it)
- Wants to upgrade fortifications to make them overpowered (we need to keep some balance on the map when it comes to sieges/battles)
- Asks for huge structures with huge amounts of detail.
- Requests to lock off part of the map
- Random houses or shacks in the woods

In addition:

- Any resources gathered and RP required will depend heavily on what the building is, and will be dealt with case to case.

- When it comes to the final esthetics of the structure, I/staff will have the last word. You can give me plans, diagrams, screenshots and descriptions, and I will work as closely as I can towards the idea you have. But in the end, you get what I give you.

- You first need permission IC of the faction or organization leader in order to start building. (I assume every corner of the map will be claimed by someone)

In the end, as long as the request is reasonable, we can work with it.

For any questions: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SageMcQuincy/
or Discord: SageMcQuincy#3182

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version