Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: Q&A Thread  (Read 7651 times)

Offline dabbie :3

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Q&A Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2020, 11:28:49 AM »
are u allowed to bandit in groups of more than 3 ?   ???

never understood that rule.. cleftwoods brought a lot of roleplay to crp4!  ;D
I'm an idiot.

Offline ApplePie

• Bannerlord Isn't Charming.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2020, 11:58:09 AM »

A few roaming bandits could add roleplay potential, they'd most likely be sea raiders or some sort of nord bandit. They'd add a sense of danger especially towards the Swadians. Although they could get a bit on the annoying side if they get too common or too many in numbers.

Offline nupori

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2020, 12:17:16 PM »
 Is there some sort of estimate to when we can expect to see the private bio section of the forums to be fully operational ? And also, how will acquiring a profession work is it also an application (sorry I'm just a bit confused since I don't see one anywhere, but I might just be blind :D )

Offline Goodoe

• a retired rulebreaker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Manhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2020, 12:32:25 PM »
Think you can give us an estimate until the release? @Kingsman
mercenary hype beast

Offline Jokah

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2020, 02:59:15 PM »

Concerns with that is DivA meme squad comes online with entire team and just memes on lord fuckwad and his entire garrison with branches, it has happened before. Rules are all in the works of being re-written as right now the list seems excessive and useless. We've a few things to discuss in regards to bandits, it'll all be made clear soon enough.

Offline Jokah

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2020, 02:59:58 PM »
Is there some sort of estimate to when we can expect to see the private bio section of the forums to be fully operational ? And also, how will acquiring a profession work is it also an application (sorry I'm just a bit confused since I don't see one anywhere, but I might just be blind :D )

Our web wizard landed back in his home country yesterday so expect the all froums to be fixed (hopefully!) relatively soon.

Offline Jokah

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2020, 03:00:16 PM »
Think you can give us an estimate until the release? @Kingsman

See first post.

Offline Jokah

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2020, 03:04:02 PM »
Any plan for Import/Export? Will there be Admin character that will operate import like it was on Krenn 2, or Will there be used Flavberg's import/export system as it was on Darkmyre?

As of right now you'll have oppotunities to export to admin merchant on a weekly basis, same in regards to importing though I suggest you use the crafting stations on map as these greedy merchants might be quite extortionate.

Offline minghie

• View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2020, 07:06:26 PM »
Will the server be more dynamic like CRP1? Factions constantly shifting instead of just sitting and making them boring and thus making the server stale.

Will the map will be dynamic also, seasons, destroying or building buildings and stuff to impact factions or the map to give the players something pleasing to look at every so often (even if rarely)

Will there be an OOC time = IC time like Delorius? CRP1 never had it so you could see children go from 0 to 16 in one day, people dying of old age, others being immortal and the battle lesbians always stuck at 16, dying of old age was never a problem as servers don't last near long enough even with 2months = 1 ic year to impact characters -that- much, other servers tried this but their system was flawed and some days of the month just didn't match up to anything.

Offline Jokah

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2020, 07:30:31 PM »
Will the server be more dynamic like CRP1? Factions constantly shifting instead of just sitting and making them boring and thus making the server stale.

Will the map will be dynamic also, seasons, destroying or building buildings and stuff to impact factions or the map to give the players something pleasing to look at every so often (even if rarely)

Will there be an OOC time = IC time like Delorius? CRP1 never had it so you could see children go from 0 to 16 in one day, people dying of old age, others being immortal and the battle lesbians always stuck at 16, dying of old age was never a problem as servers don't last near long enough even with 2months = 1 ic year to impact characters -that- much, other servers tried this but their system was flawed and some days of the month just didn't match up to anything.

That's a whole bunch of questions, I'll try my best to work through them.

It's impossible to say at this stage what will become of the current factions of the server and how they will change due to in-game events and through in chracter ambitions however we expect there to be a stability within the factions to begin with at server start, we've left plenty of reasons in the server lore for factions to have conflict with one another, if that fails they've always got the veagirs to deal with.

The map will be changing with IC events such as raiding, as well as giving players the ability to make build requests.

Will there be an OOC time = IC time like Delorius? C
Ultimately time will stay relatively still and in line with real life (Apart from wound timers), if someone is playing a child character, they should come with the expectation that they will be playing a child character for the entireity of the server. If people wish to die of old age, that their own prerogative.

Offline GinesGoblinSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2020, 07:37:07 PM »

You could say CRP 1 wasn't really that dynamic while also being too dynamic.

On the one hand you had factions like Nords that got faction wiped every 2 weeks and recycled again.
While on the other you had a faction like the Gaines which remained pretty consistent throughout the entirety of the server, despite attempts made to oppose or overthrow them (most of them failing due to help from the Scorpion Company or simply Admin intervention)

Offline minghie

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2020, 07:55:41 PM »

Will there be an OOC time = IC time like Delorius? C
Ultimately time will stay relatively still and in line with real life (Apart from wound timers), if someone is playing a child character, they should come with the expectation that they will be playing a child character for the entireity of the server. If people wish to die of old age, that their own prerogative.

I always found it a bit weird how we were constantly under rebel/raid/bandit threat every week, plus changing seasons every 2 weeks like on DN although alot of work, can change the feel of the map attracting more players and being overall more enjoyable even, atleast you have an excuse to buy a coat for winter, you could say it's too much work for mappers but I think I have someone who'd be willing to map seasons in..

Offline Sage McQuincy

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2020, 09:17:24 PM »
I always found it a bit weird how we were constantly under rebel/raid/bandit threat every week, plus changing seasons every 2 weeks like on DN although alot of work, can change the feel of the map attracting more players and being overall more enjoyable even, atleast you have an excuse to buy a coat for winter, you could say it's too much work for mappers but I think I have someone who'd be willing to map seasons in..

Honestly, every season that's mapped looks really forced and generally unappealing. Winter maps burn out anyone's eyes, and spring/autumn isn't that different from the generic map to make it worth it, in my opinion.

There's other ways to do changes to a roleplay map to keep it interested. combined with events, like a market/tournament fair, camps from traveling merchants/event characters and such. Even a landslide changing parts of the map could be done to create new areas.

Offline Nick

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2020, 10:41:04 PM »
Honestly, every season that's mapped looks really forced and generally unappealing. Winter maps burn out anyone's eyes, and spring/autumn isn't that different from the generic map to make it worth it, in my opinion.

There's other ways to do changes to a roleplay map to keep it interested. combined with events, like a market/tournament fair, camps from traveling merchants/event characters and such. Even a landslide changing parts of the map could be done to create new areas.

I can agree with winter maps burning your eyes out and also burning peoples PC's. With nords being a main culture on the map (and a culture heavily affected and shaped by the effects of winter) and with less than temperate climate. Winter could provide roleplay opportunities like having to stock up on food etc

Offline Jack32

• I move.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2020, 11:05:48 PM »
I actually like snowy maps, It doesnt hurt my eyes too much. Just make the map darker/night and its fine.
We move.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal