Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: Q&A Thread  (Read 7248 times)

Offline ApplePie

• Bannerlord Isn't Charming.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
Re: Q&A Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2020, 06:29:02 PM »
Well, then I would like to say that I only care about the tags that show up when you look at someone at close range. I think these are necessary when RP'ing in a communal hub with lots of other RP going on nearby. Without them, it is very difficult to figure who is talking to who. The long range, permanent tags I would prefer not to have, as they clutter the screen.

Really I don't mind if they get removed or not. Maybe there could be some plugin that reveals names to people within; whispering, talking or shouting ranges.  But that would probably be way to much of a pain to code for a server.

Offline Kingsperson

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2020, 06:32:34 PM »
Well, then I would like to say that I only care about the tags that show up when you look at someone at close range. I think these are necessary when RP'ing in a communal hub with lots of other RP going on nearby. Without them, it is very difficult to figure who is talking to who. The long range, permanent tags I would prefer not to have, as they clutter the screen.

Ones above your head won't be on the ones when  you look to a player close to you will be

Offline aLex

• Some people say the most illogical of things.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2020, 08:34:23 PM »
What's with the random new accounts that are just posting random links elsewhere?

Offline Gegetchk2

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2020, 08:51:31 PM »
Any plan for Import/Export? Will there be Admin character that will operate import like it was on Krenn 2, or Will there be used Flavberg's import/export system as it was on Darkmyre?

Offline minghie

• View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2020, 08:53:28 PM »
Will good gear be more accessible than previous servers where you had to grind for months? People wanna have a sense of progression and look tinned cuz plate = cool and we all know that.

Offline ApplePie

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2020, 09:22:51 PM »
Will good gear be more accessible than previous servers where you had to grind for months? People wanna have a sense of progression and look tinned cuz plate = cool and we all know that.

I'd hope not, having a town full of brigands and malitia would be terrible. You can RP more than just a knight, plus even if you did own armour and were prestigious enough to wear a full set of tin, why would anyone want to wear it all the time? Nobles should be the one with tin, the most that common folk should wear is gambeson.

Offline minghie

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2020, 09:32:10 PM »
I'd hope not, having a town full of brigands and malitia would be terrible. You can RP more than just a knight, plus even if you did own armour and were prestigious enough to wear a full set of tin, why would anyone want to wear it all the time? Nobles should be the one with tin, the most that common folk should wear is gambeson.

Gambesons and aketons can be really expensive and really good equipment but instead we limit ourselves to using shitty PW aketons from 2012 instead of gambesons from PK or aketons from PK and u have nobles that always wear tin cuz pp small, it's up to the player if they have the balls to wear clothes instead of always tin.

Offline ApplePie

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2020, 09:40:12 PM »
Gambesons and aketons can be really expensive and really good equipment but instead we limit ourselves to using shitty PW aketons from 2012 instead of gambesons from PK or aketons from PK and u have nobles that always wear tin cuz pp small, it's up to the player if they have the balls to wear clothes instead of always tin.

A majority of the PK armours are 1400s+ Gambesons and plate, which don't fit in with the Scenario that CRP is going for since it's usally around mid 1200s. It's like asking why can't we use laser guns in an RP set in WW2, it wouldn't make any sense in the context of Calradia. Some of the models may look bad, but at least they fit the time period.

Offline minghie

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2020, 09:45:17 PM »
A majority of the PK armours are 1400s+ Gambesons and plate, which don't fit in with the Scenario that CRP is going for since it's usally around mid 1200s. It's like asking why can't we use laser guns in an RP set in WW2, it wouldn't make any sense in the context of Calradia. Some of the models may look bad, but at least they fit the time period.

you're saying in 1200 they didn't have an aketon like PK aketons? they're 35-10 and 35-15 they're not that op, if u consider that earlier iterations of crp even had double HP and everyone kinda always had good af gear anyway.

back in the olden days everyone would use tribal warrior outfit or leather jerkin cuz op armor and cheap af..

The thing is, you don't need pk items to get op armors because there are some cheap items (which include weps) that are technically t2/t3 that are way better in matter of weight than higher tiers however PK added a fuckton of stuff that is basically never used because servers are afraid of tin, one of crp1's complaints was that everyone had tin but ppl duped left right and center cuz scripts were kinda doggy and didn't prevent it furthermore it had been running for a year.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 09:48:05 PM by minghie »

Offline Kingsperson

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2020, 10:16:07 PM »
BTW the random accounts will be sorted soon need vorde to up the security on logins

Offline Kingsperson

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2020, 10:39:40 PM »
Generally armours and weapons will be more accessible we have a push to give more people ranged to encourage skirmishing and more horses to counter that on land, PK has alot of cool armours that never even get used obviously dont expect gothic plate.

Offline Jack32

• I move.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2020, 10:51:52 PM »

realistically speaking Nobles dont always wear tin just because they can. Its better to -not- wear tin and only equip it during battles. So in a way even nobles woulnd be tinned out all the time. Which is good. I think though for commoners PK aketon/Heraldic mail is good enough depending on rank or status of the character. Commoners and Nobles should not be wearing armour everywhere they go, its unrealistic.(like you said) But to counter any sort of Vaegir threat, it would be kind of necessary.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 10:56:38 PM by CJack »
We move.

Offline nej nej nej

• View Profile
  • Faction: Manhunter
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2020, 11:51:52 PM »
The small box is a thing by default if im not wrong, only the tags above characters can be removed

Offline Captain Obvious

• View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2020, 01:01:18 AM »
The small box is a thing by default if im not wrong, only the tags above characters can be removed

Nope. When Krenn4 first launched they removed the small box on the body too - but soon returned it because it was that confusing to see who was who. Overhead tags were always the problem, especially with hiding in bushes etc - you can only see the body tag if you're in practically touching distance & looking straight at them.
CRP 1 - Kyle Beachamp
CRP 3 - Eva Falkenstein
CRP 4 - Lara Dahill & Jessica McKinnon
CRP 5 - Leon Lovegreen

Pax 1 - Maximilian Fletcher & Oliver Gilson
Pax 2 - Theo Campbell

Krenn 1 - Antoinette Valois
Krenn 2 - Maximillian Sharpe

Darkmyre - Evangeline Foster

Offline MarkZ

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2020, 08:21:18 AM »
Gear will be generally more abundant on this server however we are also still trying to find a balance between late CRP1 where everyone was in tin and some other servers where people stopped playing because they had to grind for a month to get leather armour then died. More or less certain classes of armour and weapons will only be made available to certain classes of characters at server start, and as time progresses higher tier items will become more available to everyone else due to people building wealth and craftsmen raising their level of expertise to allow crafting of better gear.

As for name tags, nothing above the head, but must absolutely keep the close range box one because I’ve seen many attempts to remove it for “immersion” but in a text based rp you need it. The SRP mod back in the day actually had a script where your text would pop up above your head and fade (and be in the text box), but it was cluttered and confusing still.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal