Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: Dying Scenario: A guide  (Read 3189 times)

Offline Uyryzmag

• View Profile
Re: Dying Scenario: A guide
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2021, 08:26:30 PM »
This scenario was inherently made for war. Theres a ton of factions and each one of them has its own keep and a bunch of guardsmen: It's the premise for a phoenix-like setting. There's not much we can do about it so just give us war, because it's the best thing we can do in this specific circumstance

Offline Stoniestpepper

• View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2021, 08:31:37 PM »
The majority of the points that have been raised I agree with, however the main issue for me about the scenario is just the amount wars/fights that have happened in such a short time. For me, it has really burned out the enjoyment of the scenario as it feels like an every day thing of "Oh the swadians are in Fenada again with their entire garrison" or "Swadians/Vaegirs are here insulting us once again" Those two things are what this entire scenario has boiled down to for me personally.

There is no build up what so ever when it comes to wars, which makes them lack any form of impact. Instead of it being a case of "Oh shit we are on boys, its war" now its more "Ah, here we go again". Thats without even speaking over some of the petty shit wars start over, that or people just looking for any passable excuse to start wars off. I would even put forward that the war reasons are only just better than normal PK server play where the entire war reasons can be boiled down to "Vaeyjeg declares war on Fenada, Reason: War 2 electric boogaloo" or better yet "Boat wars 3, the sequel no one asked for"

Ehh I wouldn't claim innocence in the Nord side. Both have war mongers in their garrisons which exist for no reason to create conflict.

Swadians showing up to Fenada after a Nord insults the daughter of a Baron is very legitmate. Insulting a noble Lady is not an easy thing to do/get away with as it would be seen as a dishonour to the Lord and his House.

Both factions have been skirmishing between the peace and using third parties to commit acts on banditry, Nords just have theirs found out I believe. Yes I agree the conflict should build up and major punishments doled out for both sides such as enforced CKs, this would give the weight of war actually meaning something instead of 12 hours later you are back and able to fight again, war isn't a fun form of roleplay.

I am aware I am in the Swadian faction but I will say, all of our war declarations are legitimate within IC and come from proven Nordic aggression. I am also able to say that we do the same thing to the Nords in different ways.

No faction is innocent of this.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Stoniestpepper/

Anything you are wanting to discuss with me that I have posted, I am free for a conversation.

Offline Rurimidori

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2021, 08:33:02 PM »
I'd just like to say I'm staff and I'm not lazy!

Offline Fowler

• An army marches on its stomach.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2021, 08:40:49 PM »

Least Laziest Staff Member
Previous Characters of these Shitshows:

CRP 1: Sigurdr Wiglafson, Lithanor Vanima
CRP 4: William Lehner, Adeline Casper
CRP 6: Rodrick Hess
CRP 7: Lady Arianah Meadows, Asfird Asugrsdottir

Offline Guts

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2021, 08:44:36 PM »
damn lazy volunteer video game moderators, my bio hasn't been replied to in 3 months, hello staff ???

Offline Getorrigen

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2021, 08:49:00 PM »

Well can you please look at my bio and hunter application and help me get started in RP?

Offline Yoko

• View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2021, 08:52:13 PM »
Swadians showing up to Fenada after a Nord insults the daughter of a Baron is very legitmate. Insulting a noble Lady is not an easy thing to do/get away with as it would be seen as a dishonour to the Lord and his House.

Both factions have been skirmishing between the peace and using third parties to commit acts on banditry, Nords just have theirs found out I believe.

I am aware I am in the Swadian faction but I will say, all of our war declarations are legitimate within IC and come from proven Nordic aggression. I am also able to say that we do the same thing to the Nords in different ways.
All I'll say is Fenada hasn't had any involvement in provocation for wars or conflicts.

Taking an army over to someone's lands just after peace was made because of "Insults" is stupid honestly. Send a messenger, have the 2 FLs talk. Do something civilised and small, not possibly cause a massive bag of fuckery.

And on your second point, Kani ck'ing people is just Kani xD
People like to group everyone into 1 pool. Nords are Nords. Swads are Swads etc. But there's massive differences and that's what people don't realise half the time.
Fenada's been the big boy peaceful nords throughout the entirety of the scenario.
Vayejeg for the most part have been peaceful themselves, apart from their little time of recruiting retards who continued to start bullshittery which nearly caused a thing.
Ambean had a massive hate for nords and seemed to only want war until recently, performing actions now to how they said they wanted to in the past.
That's it for your comment.

At the end of the day, servers, scenario's, have ups and downs throughout their lifetime.
CRP 7 has been up 2 days shy of 2 months. Relatively short in comparison to the many others that happened in the past.

It's a shame to see that nowadays the activity is low unless there's conflict. Of course there'll always be more numbers with conflict, but when figures turn out to be quite low, and you get posts like this? It's just sad like.
What happened to just coming on to RP, enjoying just the RP and all that? If you wanna fight continiously day in day out, either make a character who goes around doing stuff like that with people for fun or something etc etc or just go play a diff server/mod

Stop losing your shit when a server gets low numbers for a little bit or when things are chill and not much are happening!
It's normal, it'll always happen. People gotta have a break sometimes, staff and players alike.

Offline Stoniestpepper

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2021, 08:59:55 PM »
Spoiler: ShowHide
All I'll say is Fenada hasn't had any involvement in provocation for wars or conflicts.

Taking an army over to someone's lands just after peace was made because of "Insults" is stupid honestly. Send a messenger, have the 2 FLs talk. Do something civilised and small, not possibly cause a massive bag of fuckery.

And on your second point, Kani ck'ing people is just Kani xD
People like to group everyone into 1 pool. Nords are Nords. Swads are Swads etc. But there's massive differences and that's what people don't realise half the time.
Fenada's been the big boy peaceful nords throughout the entirety of the scenario.
Vayejeg for the most part have been peaceful themselves, apart from their little time of recruiting retards who continued to start bullshittery which nearly caused a thing.
Ambean had a massive hate for nords and seemed to only want war until recently, performing actions now to how they said they wanted to in the past.
That's it for your comment.

At the end of the day, servers, scenario's, have ups and downs throughout their lifetime.
CRP 7 has been up 2 days shy of 2 months. Relatively short in comparison to the many others that happened in the past.

It's a shame to see that nowadays the activity is low unless there's conflict. Of course there'll always be more numbers with conflict, but when figures turn out to be quite low, and you get posts like this? It's just sad like.
What happened to just coming on to RP, enjoying just the RP and all that? If you wanna fight continiously day in day out, either make a character who goes around doing stuff like that with people for fun or something etc etc or just go play a diff server/mod

Stop losing your shit when a server gets low numbers for a little bit or when things are chill and not much are happening!
It's normal, it'll always happen. People gotta have a break sometimes, staff and players alike.

Insulting a Noble Lady is not a small issue. That is where the trouble comes from in my mind. People do not really understand how to Roleplay nobility or how nobility would respond, Insulting a Noble Lady is not a small issue and would have massive consequences, removal of a tongue, massive fines, possibly even death. I understand some of this has to be toned back for player enjoyment, but this also leads to the issue of people RPing outside of their character's personality due to knowing that OOCly they are fine.

Fenada has been the cause of some of the provocation of the conflict -after- the death of Tehlrog, before they were just a vassal House doing what their Liege House commands.

Like I said, no faction is innocent, believing such shows a misunderstanding of facts and the roleplay in general. ALL factions have done something to provoke one another and ALL factions have a few trouble makers.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Stoniestpepper/

Anything you are wanting to discuss with me that I have posted, I am free for a conversation.

Offline CheetaFRL

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2021, 09:10:48 PM »
I loved how back in the earlier days nobles were important, if you were friends with one you were in good.
And does anyone else remember the vaegir threat that grew closer every once in a while on CRP 1 before a massive event spree where there was actual fear? If you left the walls chances were quite alright for you to get buttfucked by some vaegir scouts.

And lots and lots of other things

Offline Kume

• View Profile
  • Faction: Manhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2021, 09:18:06 PM »
Y'all need to understand something, It's not those "troublemakers", the troublemakers you're talking about can easily be ceased from their FL/superior characters.Each faction have these kin of chars and that's good and it's inevitable to stop that.

In my opinion if you wanna blame someone you gotta blame the staff in this case, everything that has been mentioned, if you make a quick analytical on each problem the one's to be blamed is the staff.

How to fix this? You can't let it go and continue like nothing happened in this scenario.If the Admins are still enthusiastic to make this work then make a new scenario, fire the lazy admins, get rid of agreeing with everything Hani plots, choose ACTIVE and decent FL with experience, limit Faction sets, STOP accepting 10 merc companies in a scenario cuz it doesnt benefit the server at all and in fact it's better if you have solo merc chars than organizations cause they create a "faction" and act like an important group because of the numbers, more passive activity, Admin Merch once per 3-4 weeks, become strict when it comes punishing the "Veteran" players for rule-breaking, and lastly once again Characters must hold responsibility and for each action they make consequences should follow behind not to void it like it became pretty common in this scenario specially high-nobility.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 09:28:59 PM by Kume »

Offline Uyryzmag

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2021, 09:18:56 PM »

Insulting a Noble Lady is not a small issue. That is where the trouble comes from in my mind. People do not really understand how to Roleplay nobility or how nobility would respond, Insulting a Noble Lady is not a small issue and would have massive consequences, removal of a tongue, massive fines, possibly even death. I understand some of this has to be toned back for player enjoyment, but this also leads to the issue of people RPing outside of their character's personality due to knowing that OOCly they are fine.

Fenada has been the cause of some of the provocation of the conflict -after- the death of Tehlrog, before they were just a vassal House doing what their Liege House commands.

Like I said, no faction is innocent, believing such shows a misunderstanding of facts and the roleplay in general. ALL factions have done something to provoke one another and ALL factions have a few trouble makers.

My dude, players don't know how to rp in general because they have no idea how people from centuries ago thought and lived during completely different times. What you say is just like the tip of the iceberg

Offline ZannyTheGranny

• View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2021, 09:25:04 PM »
My dude, players don't know how to rp in general because they have no idea how people from centuries ago thought and lived during completely different times. What you say is just like the tip of the iceberg

Except this is all set in Calradia, a land where you as a farmer can walk up to a lord or even a faction king just to ask if they have any tasks for you or to ask what it would take to become a member with said lord's family

Offline Uyryzmag

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2021, 09:28:22 PM »
Except this is all set in Calradia, a land where you as a farmer can walk up to a lord or even a faction king just to ask if they have any tasks for you or to ask what it would take to become a member with said lord's family

It's more like a "freely customized" version of Calradia

Offline Kingsperson

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2021, 10:35:09 PM »
We had a staff meeting and decided on some stuff they'll be an update about it also I was planning on doing more storyline events since the server started but their were to many player wars but now things have settled down I was already planning on starting them up again the past few days.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll see what we can do about addressing your issues.

Offline Kingsperson

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2021, 12:01:34 AM »
Locking this now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal