Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: Tavern RP Reloaded™  (Read 324 times)

Offline Demivar

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Tavern RP Reloaded™
« on: February 16, 2021, 07:24:46 PM »
Character name / organisation name: Reynard var Fenwyr
Steam of Discord name (or add me, my links are in the topic above): You have me.

Description of building: A tavern to be built, or moved to from Tehlrog.
Location of building: The islands.
Reason for building: A large war is over, many things are changing. Pre-scenario, we were under the impression that the tavern would be on the islands or in neutralish territory, but that decision was reversed. It was put in Tehlrog, like more or less everything else of tangible worth on the map. Many, many people don't feel comfortable RPing in Tehlrog. Even if the new faction to replace the old Earldom is absolutely stellar in all regards, the issue of the central tavern being a poor choice for roleplay persists. It's not neutral, it's right in the lion's den, and for places like Ambean it's forced an entire Barony to conduct 90% of its RP within its own keep, despite being populated by a proportionately high number of people who enjoy commoner/non-faction roleplay.

We've been thinking for a while now about what we think might help the server, and this afternoon we finally came to an idea which we genuinely believe would do good for the roleplay environment and community. The Tehlrog tavern failed for far more reasons than just mismanagement - in spite of the extremely good mapping, it was placed somewhere which was inconducive to open and free roleplay. Monetisation, to us, is more-or-less irrelevant, and I'd appreciate if some discussion could be had on the topic.

What will the building add in terms of role-play, or general fun in-game?: A lot, both initially, and long-term. People enjoy passive roleplay especially in the periods after large wars like we have now, and taverns are often the centre of this. A net-positive relocation of what should be a centre for commoner roleplay to a more neutral location should benefit almost everyone's RP.

Offline Sage McQuincy

• View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
Re: Tavern RP Reloaded™
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 07:10:25 PM »
In order not to screw over the new faction installed in Tehlrog (they already lost a lot) we are going to deny this.

Offline Demivar

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Tavern RP Reloaded™
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 07:47:16 PM »
Alright. We’d like a new tavern in Ambean, then.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal