Vørdэw!ndt.™

Author Topic: Bacteria's Big Bad Ban Appeal  (Read 820 times)

Offline Bacteria

• *stabs u* epic swag
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
Bacteria's Big Bad Ban Appeal
« on: February 14, 2021, 04:09:02 AM »
Steam Link:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/bladeecity2018/

Character's Name:

Ehri

GUID:

Reasoning for the ban:

Metagaming

What happened, in your view:

I meta-gamed my way into a scene after having been told in Discord that the scene was happening. The moment I was told - I left my current IC conversation, making a troll IC comment about me being about to break the rules. I then rode over to the scene, and immediately placed myself into it.

I am told this later caused the scene to be voided - adding even more confusion to the day and making the administrators lives even more difficult. I don't see anything wrong with my ban.

How will you avoid being banned in future:

Well, first - I am sorry for doing this. To me at the time, it was just "oh my friend is being arrested I will go and help because it is my friend". I didn't consider that actually - it would all have to be voided and add to everyone's mass confusion following those scenes. So, I'm sorry for making staff lives considerably more difficult by doing this.

Second - to avoid doing this again. I won't break commit metagame and break the rules again. I just thought it was funny - clearly it isn't. So, I will not do it. As as extension of this, I also trolled in IC chat when I announced it. I cannot claim I haven't done this before either - so I will stop doing that also and keep it all IC for everyone's enjoyment.

Finally, I'm sorry for being a little less than serious when I first wrote out this appeal, pre-edit. I am just stupid. I don't have anything to say about that.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 09:47:02 PM by Bacteria »

Offline Kingsperson

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Bacteria's Big Bad Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 10:26:30 AM »
It is stuff like this that people do that result in me having to void scenes and everyone getting pissy at me for "not letting the rp flow" which is exactly what happened and its a pain in my ass.

The least you could do is make a non-meme appeal.

Offline Bacteria

• *stabs u* epic swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 05:01:12 PM »
It is stuff like this that people do that result in me having to void scenes and everyone getting pissy at me for "not letting the rp flow" which is exactly what happened and its a pain in my ass.

The least you could do is make a non-meme appeal.

I’m sorry, I was griefing a bit when I wrote this - but I was being genuine at the end.

I get that it’s difficult for staff to deal with voiding scenes and arguments all day because people like me do things like that. I also very intentionally broke the rules in doing so.

So - aside from the jokes I made above - I am serious. I won’t do that again.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 05:06:48 PM by Bacteria »

Offline Kingsperson

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 05:31:03 PM »
Please edit your appeal appropriately before it'll be discussed. Thank you

Offline Bacteria

• *stabs u* epic swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 05:44:54 PM »
Edit - fixed unban appeal and stopped being stupid. Please see above.

Offline Tyrion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 05:11:14 AM »
Here is the verdict.

Statement of Facts

At 1:07:55 A.M. GMT Abd al-Rahman Muwahhid was secretly arrested, and at 1:08 A.M. GMT Ehri (the character the petitioner plays) whispered to Vladimir_Zhakarov to “hold on, I just heard a voice that needs me in Tehlrog.” Dughlas_MacGilleMhoire wordlessly follows her. At a bit before 01:09:14 A.M. GMT, roughly a minute and fifteen seconds, Abd_al-Rahman_Muwahhid says “Hello my good friend Ehri.” At 01:10:41 A.M. Ehri proceeds to shout “go get him, I'll wait here. Dugh." Exactly a minute later Dughlas informs Julian, in the presence of Vladimir who then shouts at 01:12:35 that "this wanderer must be freed." A minute and twenty seconds later Vladimir, and Dughlas, proceed to head to Tehlrog to ransom Abd_al-Rahman_Muwahhid. Vladimir_Zhakarov then, allegedly, hears that an event character from the fair was thrown in the river and dies and then informs Julian that a Ambean woman was drowned. At 1:26, they then informed Julian/Reynard who then arrested Sam_McFoirloyne_Belica.

When confronted, Bacteria proceeded to lie to staff. Twice. Once when confronted by me, in the presence of Vladimir Zhakarov (the individual who Ehri had whispered to), and Dughlas who wordlessly followed her. The second time was when Daemon confronted Bacteria around an hour and a half hour later.

Finally, when Bartolomeo was under the mistaken assumption that the Ehri metagame did not affect the abduction of Sam, because the Vaegirs had been the one to inform them, Vladimir responded in local chat “What metagame,” as the records below will show.

03:05:50 - *OOC* Eloise_var_Fenwyr (L-OOC): oh, the ehri metagame
03:05:57 - *OOC* Eloise_var_Fenwyr (L-OOC): yeah, no. we were told by the vaegirs, not by ehri
03:05:58 - *LOCAL* Abd_al-Rahman_Muwahhid says "Aghhh! Where are you?"
03:06:09 - *LOCAL* Abd_al-Rahman_Muwahhid says "Oh, may I enter?"
03:06:20 - *LOCAL* Abd_al-Rahman_Muwahhid says "Oh..."
03:06:22 - *OOC* Vladimir_Zhakarov (L-OOC): what metagame?
03:06:52 - *LOCAL* Abd_al-Rahman_Muwahhid says "Well, I'll leave you to it then. But, Byron, give my thanks to the man in the cells. He was kind to me when he imprisoned me."
03:07:03 - *OOC* Eloise_var_Fenwyr (L-OOC): just so you know, ehri's metagame and your presence here are 100% not related.

Unfortunately, the scene was not voided, which lead to the imprisonment of Sam, which was therefore not voided. The knowledge, and the subsequent war, was not voided as well.

Summation

6.3 Metagaming is a term that describes a player's use of real-life knowledge concerning the state of the game to determine their character's actions when said character has no relevant knowledge or awareness under the circumstances. Metagaming is an example of "breaking character", as the character is making decisions based on information they couldn't know and thus would not make in reality. It is not allowed.

6.5 Making use of Steam, Discord, TeamSpeak, or any other medium for communication to get knowledge about characters and using that information IC is considered metagaming.

The common law rule that lying to staff is also a bannable offense.

At issue is not the question of guilt, or the rules that were broken. It is the severity of your actions, the consequences that they lead to, the fact that you lied about it, and your lack of remorse in your initial appeal. Therefore, judgement is as goes:

1)   1.5 Weeks for Metagaming (In violation of 6.3 and 6.5) something of extreme consequence, as well as your lack of remorse in your initial application.
2)   .5 Weeks for lying to staff about it twice.
3)   Minus two days for time served.

You will be unbanned on the 28th.

Offline Tyrion

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 06:23:53 AM »
After Bacteria came forward and spoke with me, it was decided that a reduction in the sentence was in order because the individual had spoken with Daemon on steam before the incident in the logs in question and had admitted to the infraction. In regards to me, he did not lie per say to me as he did witness Abd get placed in a cell, and had placed himself in a situation to do so through meta as he informed me. Furthermore, the individual was contrite and so I will go ahead and reduce the punishment for point number one by shaving 2 days off that.

That means after all that, and after factoring in time served, the individual will be banned for eight days. Therefore, the individual will be banned until the 24th.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal